• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Melensdad does fencing.. hehehe I found his picture on their website. :)
    I was looking for pictures of some colorful guns and saw his :)

As to your question about the color of guns. I think the wide variety of colors is an awesome idea but the gun haters out there would have a cow. Colored guns make guns look like toys to them. Just because you can't purchase them from the factory the color you want, doesn't mean they can't be duracoated in some really cool colors. There are some awesome duracoat colors out there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Most people missed the question I'm asking. Let me put it another way: why just pink? Why not deep glossy red, textured purple, or the whole range of other colors one might see at the lipstick counter?

I can see that pink is for fun -- it's really incongruous on an AR, for example. So that has a humorous effect. Someone here has a gun painted in the John Deere motif, and that's the same idea. Has anyone tried painting their guns in other "feminine" colors, whatever they might be? Or are guns such that the only feminine color that sticks is pink? But more importantly, why are gun makers marketing only pink? What's the market they want to corner?

Color choices are not just about practicality, even if it's black on "tacticool" polymer. After all, how do you account for all the pictures people post here, and all the ensuing drooling over these pictures? There is a process of desiring here, and I'm trying to figure out the case for pink.

I don't intend to criticize other's color choices or to impose my own aesthetic taste on others. Some people have responded to thinking with defensiveness. Maybe I haven't been clear enough, but I'm just trying to figure something out.

Da Bing

First of all you are the only one who said that guns just come in pink.
    You can find companies that sale guns in any color you want.No its not just pink.

bloomberg-collection-colored-guns.jpg

Im not sure what's a "feminine" color, once again you can find guns of every color you can think of.

It's obvious that pink is a feminine color in popular culture, gun makers are trying to reach female custumers.

I think you are just trying to figure something rather obvious.
    Not everybody like the same colors.That's it.
    And they make or buy them like that because the like the look of it, which you may not like from what I understand.

hk-gun.jpg

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Most people missed the question I'm asking. Let me put it another way: why just pink? Why not deep glossy red, textured purple, or the whole range of other colors one might see at the lipstick counter?

I can see that pink is for fun -- it's really incongruous on an AR, for example. So that has a humorous effect. Someone here has a gun painted in the John Deere motif, and that's the same idea. Has anyone tried painting their guns in other "feminine" colors, whatever they might be? Or are guns such that the only feminine color that sticks is pink? But more importantly, why are gun makers marketing only pink? What's the market they want to corner?

Color choices are not just about practicality, even if it's black on "tacticool" polymer. After all, how do you account for all the pictures people post here, and all the ensuing drooling over these pictures? There is a process of desiring here, and I'm trying to figure out the case for pink.

I don't intend to criticize other's color choices or to impose my own aesthetic taste on others. Some people have responded to thinking with defensiveness. Maybe I haven't been clear enough, but I'm just trying to figure something out.

Da Bing

Duracoat it. Search for my post on Mosin Digital Camo. You can get a huge array of colors and it's not very hard to duracoat. They make kits if you don't have a compressor and airbrush.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    bingly said:
    Check out Charter Arms:
    53824.gif

53833.gif

53844.gif

53890.jpg

53840.gif

53873.gif

53864.gif

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I honestly can say I am not fond of the pink guns. My best friend jokes with me everytime I go to a gun store with him, about the pink guns. I personally like color but very few of the pink guns, do I find attractive looking. I agree that the other colors are much better looking and it should not just be pink. I do agree though with the statement that, if it gets women involved then it is a good thing.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I've gotta ask, what's with the pink guns? I assume they sell, because they make 'em. But one would think there would be firearms targeting (no pun intended) women with more, *ahem*, mature taste. I can understand some people might go for the kitschy Hello Kitty look, but why are the gun makers stuck between the "normal" market and the 14-year-old schoolgirl market? Are women stuck between choosing a "normal" gun if they are serious shooters, or choosing a pink gun if they want to make the firearm less intimidating, or to make a statement on the range?

I am too afraid to ask these questions in person out of sheer politeness. (Somehow it feels like asking do you prefer bras that unclasp in the front or in the back?)

Da Bing, curious as hell, ladies

I'm not sure how this guy had it done, but I have shot competitions with a guy that shoots a John Deere Green and yellow trimmed Glock. I don't know what number it was, I am not a Glock Guy and frankly their numbers just confuse me. I owned a 30 which is a subcompact .45...makes perfect sense to me.

I think it really is just a marketing deal as mentioned before. Girls generally like pretty colorful things. My brother did once talk a girl out of the pink .38 special (taurus maybe). She wanted it because it was "cute." However, after she shot my brothers .38 (not pink), she changed her mind in just two rounds.

Whatever gets more people shooting, I'm for it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Because it drives the black gun haters nuts.

They're not evil looking enough and they hate the idea of anything that will get more people, women, kids, pink lovers, etc. into firearms.

Last edited:

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    Pink is just another color. It's an expression, a preference. Guys who are insecure about their reputation publicly claim to abhor pink, because that's the manly thing to do. Others, men and women, just don't like the color.
    Personally, I like pink. I have no problem with pink guns, or anything else pink for that matter.
    My wife says I look good in pink, and she's the only person I care to impress.
    0605111505.jpg

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Pink is just another color. It's an expression, a preference. Guys who are insecure about their reputation publicly claim to abhor pink, because that's the manly thing to do. Others, men and women, just don't like the color.
    Personally, I like pink. I have no problem with pink guns, or anything else pink for that matter.
    My wife says I look good in pink, and she's the only person I care to impress.
    0605111505.jpg

Did you take home that shotgun?

Top Bottom