• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    I hope that I am doing all of this for nothing.

My biggest fear is being out of town and away from all of my supplies when SHTF.

I travel for work and I have that fear of not being able to make it home when the trouble starts.

It's not for nothing: Rev. 10:7-13.

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    It's awesome that there are others here who hate bridges. Long bridges and tunnels are my least favorite things.

The Chesapeake Bay bridge in Annapolis is several miles of scary that you have to pay to experience. It was always one of my least favorite parts of the trip to visit my sister in Delaware.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I guess the 7 mile bridge out to Key West is out of the question.

I/we have done all of the offerings of this bridge on Motor cycles since the old structure in 1971 to the one that stands now. What a wonderful experience.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    So I guess the 7 mile bridge out to Key West is out of the question.

I/we have done all of the offerings of this bridge on Motor cycles since the old structure in 1971 to the one that stands now. What a wonderful experience.

I was born in Key West in 1954. My family lived on either Big Pine Key or Marathon, I don't remember. My parents forced me to move to Michigan with them when I was 2-1/2 years old. People say that you can remember things from your childhood that you really liked and things that you really hated. I can remember my dad and mom throwing rocks at the alligators in the ditches, getting my first fishing pole, going out on my grandfather's boat, and playing outside of my grandfather's gas station. I must have really liked all of that to remember so much at only 2-1/2. I was in the backseat of the car when my dad and uncle were making fun of the way we were going to die because of going into the water off the bridge. I had nightmares about those bridges until I was in my mid-teens!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My biggest fear re: prepping/SHTF scenarioes, is being in one and being the most knowledgeable/best prepped person in my immediate group. The last thing I want to have to do in the middle of a survival situation is to be holding class to bring everyone else up to my level of understanding, and I predict, "I know what I'm doing. Just follow my lead." will get a lot of people killed, even if it doesn't kill me.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Regarding bridges: As a little kid, my family vacationed in FLorida every year. We often went to St. Pete Beach and my older sisters used to taunt me mercilessly about Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay and how it came tumbling down once with people on it and how it could do it again with us on it. That thing gave me the willies.

Readers recall the Sunshine Skyway bridge collapse in 1980 | Tampa Bay Times

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    A SHTF from hell.
    Coordinated attacks on the power grid, key comm satellites, and nuclear attacks from so many regions simultaneously that we don't know who to bomb in retaliation so we're not the only one sent back to the stone age - we get none of our weapons airborne.
    Then the zombies come . . .

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    Spiders. Falling. Pooping my pants in public. Midgets. Clowns. MIDGET-CLOWNS! not having a tooth brush. Camel Spiders. Scorpions. Anything with lots of legs, that is NOT normal.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Marsupials, because they're fast.
    I lived on an island on the south end of the Skyway bridge, I remember the day it was knocked down by a coast guard ship the Blackthorn.

Top Bottom