• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Shout out to tcecil88 for his great suggestion.

Mine:

HMAS_Brisbane_gun.JPG

5_inch_Mark_42_on_USS_Turner_Joy_%28DD-951%29%2C_front.jpg

Only kidding, but the photos are of a gun that I actually operated for several years while in the active duty Navy, as a Gunner's Mate (Guns).
    Yes, nostalgia...

But seriously, I would have to go with either what another poster made as an excellent suggestion of a Royal grade Holland & Holland double rifle, or (my preference here) a pre-war Winchester model 70 in excellent condition, but not such immaculate condition that I wouldn't fire it.

Oh, and yay! for finally getting "Marksman."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I see I'm far from the only guy who immediately thought "Tommy Gun" of WWII vintage. I would wear a fedora daily.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    One of George's guns is the Frazier museum in Louisville. So is Teddy Roosevelt's double rifle-which I drool over.

My dream would be a Holland and Holland Royal grade double.

Don

The one in the Frazier is what I was thinking about. The first time I saw it I just stood there amazed for about fifteen minutes just staring at it.

Ordering a H&H double in a proper dangerous game magnum caliber (have to be one of the H&H's naturally) would be one of the very first things I would do if I won the lottery. I would order the rifle immediately and start talking to outfitters the next week.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Somthing full auto would be nice. If I can afford it I can afford the ammo too. I seem to recall on the dreaded "sons of guns" a quad mount mg42 setup. That would be pretty bad.
    Say some 10-13 years back before the fame went to Will's head, he and I were pretty good buds. I went to one his Birthday Parties once and fired that as well as rode the War Wagon shooting all of the stuff on it as well. Not sure how much ammo was spent that day but we picked it up with shovels and filled a LOT of those big black trash liners. We moved them around with a two wheeler because no one could lift them. Was a really good time... Too bad he turned into such a douche. :@ya:

That said, if not a tank, a new one not some stinkin' Sherman :): I would settle for a 20mm quad mount on tracks and a lifetime of ammo... Yee Haq! that wold rock! :cool:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    easy... death star

In all seriousness if ammo wasn't an issue I'd say something full auto. If ammo is an issue probably a high end 1911 Wilson, Les Baer, Nighthawk, etc.

Top Bottom