• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Federal PD132 or LE132. Both are 8 pellet 00buck in Flitecontrol wads. They hold VERY tight patterns and have low recoil. I have also used Hornady's Critical Defense and it performs on the same level as the Federal. For a guy starting out, I'd say try some of each and make your decision on what works best in YOUR gun. I have a thousand or so rounds of the Federal on-hand so I'm not likely to switch to the Hornady any time soon...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Federal PD132 or LE132.
    Federal LE132

Just because VUPDblue likes it.

;)

:yesway: :laugh:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...he_pattern_of_various_brands_of_buckshot.html

:eek:

5udzs2.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    In order of both my preference, as well as what is in the gun at the moment.

1) Federal LE / Reduced Recoil 00 buck already mentioned, in the gun and in the 5 rd stock sleeve
    2) Hornady Critical Defense
    3) Milsurp Winchester 00 buck as mentioned. Good to keep around a fe boxes of it for longer term storage.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    During Desert Storm, Lt. Gen. Thomas Kelly, responded to a reporter's question about B-52s against mobile SCUD missle launchers being akin to using a sledgehammer to kill a fly: "In my own personal opinion, that's a delightful way to kill a fly. Next question," as he quickly pointed to another reporter.

With that in mind, both my and my wife's shotguns are loaded with 24-pellet 3" #1 Buck (five rounds) with one round of 16-pellet 2 3/4" #1 Buck first into the magazine. This allows six rounds in the mag instead of just five magnum rounds. Kicks hard, but recoil is the last thing one will remember in a gun fight. Regarding follow-up shots, my wife (5" 7", 125 lbs.) can shoot the 3" mag rounds accurately as fast as she can cycle an 870. You go, girl! :): IPTF PM for translation!

Both Federal and Winchester offer #1 Buck, but it is a bit hard to come by; so, I tend to recommend 15-pellet 3" 00 Buck with one round of 12-pellet 2 3/4" 00 Buck first in the mag to give six rounds, total.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom