When are people going to say enough and stand up to the destruction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Pointing a firearm can be an element of the actual use of deadly force, but it is NOT, in itself, a use of deadly force as you keep insisting.

Here's the Guy's course description from his website. Wonder why pointing a firearm is mentioned separately from actually using deadly force in the course description if pointing a firearm IS deadly force. Point a firearm and/or use deadly force. Weird.

https://www.tactical-firearms.com/course-schedule.html

[FONT=&amp]Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law is a full-day course (approximately seven hours) that includes a complete educational program on the laws affecting an Indiana gun owner - including both Indiana state law and applicable federal law. This program includes a wide-ranging discussion of the statutes and court rulings that affect Indiana gun owners' ability to legally carry a gun, draw a gun, point a gun and/or to use deadly force to protect themselves or others. The course also covers the law determining potential criminal and civil liabilities for inappropriate use of a firearm.

[/FONT]

Please take your own advise and take that course. Guy Relford is the voice you hear in that clip I posted. Guess you kinda missed it when I said I paid a Guy. Though I did not take that course myself, I did spend 4 hours with him going over Indiana's laws.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    We may just be lowly cops, but I think we know a thing or two about Indiana law and how it's interpreted. I'm with Route on this one.
    And this may be why we keep butting heads. I worked in corrections for short time and then I was Police Officer myself for many years.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Please take your own advise and take that course. Guy Relford is the voice you hear in that clip I posted. Guess you kinda missed it when I said I paid a Guy. Though I did not take that course myself, I did spend 4 hours with him going over Indiana's laws.

I've heard Guy reference this multiple times (Essentials of Indiana Gun Law Class, on the radio, at the USCCA thing). For non-LEOs: pointing a firearm at someone when deadly force is not authorized is illegal (I don't agree either, but that's where we are.) He always goes over Indiana's Citizen's Arrest statute (Indiana Code 35-33 1-4) as well since that applies to felonies (not just forcible felonies) and misdemeanors involving "breach of the peace".

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

My entire career was LE and corrections, so I really doubt that I need to spend time and money on a lawyer's opinion on when I'm justified in shooting someone. I already know what deadly force is, and what it isn't. You are free to spend your time and money as you see fit, and to misunderstand whatever you want to. I obviously didn't miss your reference to Guy Relford, as I posted information from his website to refute your claim. The fact that you missed that tells me all I need to know about your comprehension skills.

I'm done. It's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or something. :):

Top Bottom