• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I refuse to scroll throught 387 posts to see if anyone said this but... I've worked Asset Protection/Loss Prevention... Most recently at Best Buy.

There are 5 things an AP/LP person MUST do before they can accuse you of theft...

1)See you enter the store
    2)See you select the object
    3)See you conceal the object
    4)The MUST observe you via camera or regular visual contact for the remainder of the time you are in the store!
    5) You must be past the last point of sale.

Without ALL of these 5 things, accusing you of theft opens them and the company up for a lawsuit... You're more than welcome to smile and keep on walking....but if they have the above 5 things, they're more than within their rights to tackle you. You swing at them, they can swing back (and will) until you are no longer a threat.

With that said, Best Buy is more concerned with getting their product back than having you arrested. We weren't allowed to stop you if you didn't want to show a receipt, and once you had stepped off the curb (or yellow line outside the doors) we could no longer pursue you. The store I worked only had 2 pan/tilt/zoom cameras to cover the whole store, so my chances of catching you were nearly 0...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I refuse to scroll throught 387 posts to see if anyone said this but... I've worked Asset Protection/Loss Prevention... Most recently at Best Buy.

There are 5 things an AP/LP person MUST do before they can accuse you of theft...

1)See you enter the store
    2)See you select the object
    3)See you conceal the object
    4)The MUST observe you via camera or regular visual contact for the remainder of the time you are in the store!
    5) [STRIKE]You must be past the last point of sale.[/STRIKE] You must be out the door

Without ALL of these 5 things, accusing you of theft opens them and the company up for a lawsuit... You're more than welcome to smile and keep on walking....but if they have the above 5 things, they're more than within their rights to tackle you. You swing at them, they can swing back (and will) until you are no longer a threat.

With that said, Best Buy is more concerned with getting their product back than having you arrested. We weren't allowed to stop you if you didn't want to show a receipt, and once you had stepped off the curb (or yellow line outside the doors) we could no longer pursue you. The store I worked only had 2 pan/tilt/zoom cameras to cover the whole store, so my chances of catching you were nearly 0...
    Slight correction, it isnt stolen until you have left the building

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    mmmm
    Guess de- escalation is out of the question then?
    Howdy Actaeon. Sometimes you just have to be honest.
    If some of the, everybody gets trophy generation, get their feelings hurt, oh well. Maybe it's time.

In the words of a fellow Lurker, " Just because you're in the universe doesn't make you the center"

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm not sure what brought about all the inappropriate language and content within this thread, but this is done.

just a reminder:
    1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is unwelcome here. Posts which are indecipherable due to the inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom