When did Saturday Night Live go so far left?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I remember watching Saturday Night Live when I was younger and it was funny and it seemed to make fun of everyone regardless of political views. Now it seems like it is the voice of the left, only making fun of the right and the Tea Party. Maybe it has always been this way and I just didn't realize it before.:draw:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had to stop watching it years ago for that very reason. Just stopped watching Letterman too b/c of his continuous attacks on Palin, Bush and the Tea Party. TV shows are getting to be just and extension of the Left. :dunno:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I had to stop watching it years ago for that very reason. Just stopped watching Letterman too b/c of his continuous attacks on Palin, Bush and the Tea Party. TV shows are getting to be just and extension of the Left. :dunno:
    I know huh. letterman never used to be this way, he was always quite conservative through my youth, I think he's under serious "ratings" pressure. I've completely given up on broadcast television and rely entirely on internet tv (hulu, netflix, etc). It saves me a TON of money and stress too. Just keep your tv linked to your computer through a monitor cable or a gaming system and you're good to go without the added cable/satellite bill.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I have never known SNL to be anything but Left Wing. It has gone through periods where that toned down a bit, but its always there. It's on NBC, what do you expect?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have never known SNL to be anything but Left Wing. It has gone through periods where that toned down a bit, but its always there. It's on NBC, what do you expect?

SNL is Al Franken's baby, so what did you expect? It's been left since day 1.

He was one of the writers, yes, but Lorne Michaels was(/is?) the producer... Very Leftist. Pity. The Not Ready For Prime Time Players were fun to watch... Aykroyd and Belushi as the Blues Brothers, Belushi as the Samurai, etc. I miss those days.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Chevy Chase once stated that his portrayal of President Ford was on purpose and he wanted to make sure Ford did not get re-elected.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Another thing bad about how left SNL is comes when you consider that it was Tina Fae who said she could see Russia from her house yet the news media all jumped on Palin for it. SNL every now and then does a rude parody of obama-messiah, but for the most part is about as left as it gets.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    All I can say is "Suck it up." Quit being a bunch of babies. Someone is going to make fun of you at one time or another. If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Letterman, oy, he's a flat out disappointment. Bitter, bitter, little man. I can't watch more than 60 seconds without throwing up in my mouth. And to think how much fun he was to watch a couple decades ago.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    SNL, huh? Didn't realize that program was still on. I thought they crap canned that show when Sandler, Rock, Brewer, Spade, and ...... all the rest left after Farley died. :dunno:

Top Bottom