• ...and so much more!
  • Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I think my biggest concern with the whole thing was the safety factor. The buyer seemed sticker shocked at the price of an electronic pistol vault/case and it really looked like they were going with the use the cable lock to secure a regular case route. Hey, to each their own but there had been a comment about the kids teaching them how to shoot. I thought that could mean grandkids and locking a pistol case with a cable lock if that's a possibility, ain't gonna cut it. So safety issues, no problem I'll find another shop if I need to, your Yeet Cannon is better than the new CZ, S&W, FN, HK, etc... :whistle:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'd say 90% of the times I've seen a cable lock used to "lock" the case, it didn't accomplish that task, as it could still be opened enough to remove the gun.

Putting it through the trigger guard does nothing to prevent access, loading, or firing of the gun.

Interested to know how either of those are more useful.
    As stated upthread by someone else, I find them worthless for what they are intended for. Therefore any use is more useful.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    As stated upthread by someone else, I find them worthless for what they are intended for. Therefore any use is more useful.
    These people are still trying to use them for there intended use, to prevent unauthorized use of the firearm, they are just doing so in a way that fails to do that.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Can not tell you HOW MANY times in the last 20+ years I have overheard sales clerks giving either or both very poor or incorrect advice to potential gun buyers or people looking to buy gun related items. Did help a few times but only when asked. Once in a LGS who's name i will not list here after I spoke at length to a customer looking to buy a single rifle for elk, and deer, and asked my opinion, after which the sales manager offered me a job, which I declined.

Sales clerk Was trying to sell the guy a Weatherby Vanguard in 340 Weatherby and this person was a man of average height and weight. This was back in 2016. He asked my opinion I asked him a bunch of questions about how far his shots would be, what his hunting and rifle experiences were. What is budget was how often he was going to REALLY use the rifle to hunt with. Were any back pack out west in the mountains style hunts a honest real possibility or would he be hunting almost entirely flat normal altitude flat lands. Did he reload or would he be buying all factory ammo. Asked lots of questions.

When we were done talking based on all his responses and his budget I recommended he buy a Tikka T3 that just so happened to be on sale at the time. Because he was use to shooting 12ga foster and sabot slugs and he was indeed planning on doing guided elk hunts out west and he assured me recoil was not an issue for him I recommended either 30/06 and if truly 100% recoil was not an issue for him 300wm was also a great elk caliber and as ammo for both is literally available everywhere ammo is sold and nearly every premium bullet currently in production is loaded in factory ammo for both 30/06 ans 300wm. And I have seen first hand how well my friend and his sons Tikkas shoot 300wm federal Premium ammo.

He ended up buying a Tikka.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom