• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Problem you have is that your in-laws know ANYTHING about you carrying. What they don't know won't hurt them.

GIF-nod-agreeing-yes--Nodding-GIF.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    What if you could come in but you had to button your lips? Don't speak your mind or perhaps keep silent altogether? How would you feel if they required you to be Catholic? Jewish? Maybe atheist? How about if they demanded you submit to a search? would/should you strip down? Perhaps maybe you should confess everything? Tell all! Nothing is private!

All these things involve your human rights, how serious are you about your rights? Is one less valuable than the others? Would you visit their home if you couldn't speak a first amendment opinion?

Its their house, so its their rules. Personally I would love such an easy way to stay home for holidays! Don't be obnoxious with your gun or any of your other rights for that matter. Don't allow yourself to be singled out and shamed for them either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When the spouse and I 1st started dating I was asked to leave her parents home as I was carrying.
    It was a fairly not so fun day for me as I know when you marry a woman the family is part of the package. As we had not arrived together she remained there and I left as I will respect the homes of others. I also was not going back.
    It took a while for me to figure out what was going to happen with the now spouse. In some things I will not compromise. In many I will. Not in this.
    After about a week she came over to my place and was a bit confused by my actions. It was the beginning of the long journey we have traveled.
    I have since had most all of her family to the range and trained them in the proper/safe use of a handgun. This includes a lot of the kids as well.
    Time and patience.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I am SO getting a "visitor's gun" and holster to issue to my unarmed guests! Either a Hi-Point, so they feel properly chastised, or a fancy 1911, in an attempt to win them over.

Okay, but they only get 1 round and they have to keep it in their pocket, Barney Fife style.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I was very fortunate with my in-laws. I was an LEO then, and they are generally conservative LE supporters and gun owners.

However, it was a transition for the Mrs., who grew up with guns in the house, to get used to firearms being a daily part of life.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm not married so my thoughts may differ from yours. Anyway, I would have went and just left it in the truck at their home. It's not worth starting family drama over imo. After all, their house, their rules.

Now if you don't like the inlaws, and the wife won't blow you crap over not going, then keep doing what you did today. After a while of non attendance, they may change their tune.

Then there is always just cc, stfu, and don't give hugs.

agree it's not worth starting drama over, but my approach would have been different. say "ok." conceal as well as you would anywhere else.

-rvb

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    There are family members of my wife's who would probably faint if they knew I was armed every time they have seen me for the last 17 years, however there is no reason for them to know.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We still don't know why the OP's in-laws asked him not to carry in their house. Especially after he had done so on numerous occasions. Maybe they are just mean or maybe... :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...they are sackless and didn't want to do it themselves, hence having their daughter do it for them.

Or maybe...:dunno:
    (next)

Or maybe they are feeling intimidated in their own home? I guess they just need to get over that huh?

Maybe they chose to save the young man a trip, knowing what his response would likely be?

We are only hearing one side of the story here. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    It might have something to do with the holes in the floor/wall/ceiling and hearing damage after all the not-so-successful cowboy spins and holsterings.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Put it on them.
    They are asking you to leave it at home. Offer to CC instead. This puts the pressure on them to actually say that you are not welcome if you are carrying. Their loss.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Many years ago I was doing a bullet casting demo for some INGOers at a get together when the question circulated about who was carrying what. I had nothing and when asked why I said, with all the good folks around me all I had to do was drop to the ground.:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Many years ago I was doing a bullet casting demo for some INGOers at a get together when the question circulated about who was carrying what. I had nothing and when asked why I said, with all the good folks around me all I had to do was drop to the ground.:)

I had your six. ;)

Thanks again for that demo. :ingo:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom