When Off-Duty Cops OPEN CARRY, did you notice . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Many po po work all day in their uniforms, go home, then get called out later for EOD, hostage negotiations, fatal alcohol crash team, etc etc etc. Unfortunately when time is of the essence, a uniform isn't always practical and often people show up to scenes with outfits that are hardly professional.

well on scene in a hurry is understandable. I'm talking on patrol. I just think all police should be easily identifiable as such. any person can put on a badge, not everyone can get a full police uniform.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Many po po work all day in their uniforms, go home, then get called out later for EOD, hostage negotiations, fatal alcohol crash team, etc etc etc. Unfortunately when time is of the essence, a uniform isn't always practical and often people show up to scenes with outfits that are hardly professional.

Volunteer Firefighters have time to put on Uniforms before they show up... :popcorn:

LEO's who are out of Uniform in my opinion should not be allowed to be on scene or allowed to work. But that is just my .02.

I will throw the occasional Covert Op team as an exclusion, however I think these should have the Approval of a Court to be used and only for the duration of the investigation. No standing undercover crews or plain clothes cops.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If my house is on fire I'd prefer you hurried up and got there instead of taking the time to look pretty before you arrive... that's just me. Downtown there are constant complaints of aggressive panhandling bordering on strong arm robbery. The issue however is that no one that calls the police wants to go to court so therefor no one goes to jail. To remove the flakey citizen who wants to call911 but not follow through they put officers in plain clothes to walk downtown. In this instance the officer is the victim and prosecution can proceed. I do feel that people driving police cars in tac vests, Patrick swayze jeans and hoodies because they are more comfortable is silly.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I've been a LEO for a while, I usually don't open carry because I like the element of surprise. If I do OC I prefer to have my badge next to my gun so people don't freak out. Most plain cloths officers wear a badge next to their weapon, and a lot of them don't carry a radio or cuffs. Most however do carry extra mags while on duty. I guess they figure if they got enough rounds, they can call a clean up crew on the phone instead of back up on the radio.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I have noticed a couple things about our men in blue. First, a couple weeks ago, I was at Cabelas and I saw a Chicago PD cruiser in the lot. As, I did my shopping, I left and at the same time the CPD officer was walking out. I almost laughed at him. Young guy. Wearing the ACU Combat shirt. You know, the one's that are essentially Under Armour. Really tight matching BDU pants, his service pistol, and the biggest frigging magazine pouches (4) I have ever seen. What made this hilarious is that he was obviously a workout junkie, and he was walking with a strut that said, "Don't mess with me, I am CPD Swat." I wanted to dial 911 and get Hammond PD over there to cite him for poor fashion sense and smelling like entitlement.

Also, yesterday, I was driving through a really small town in Knox County. I stopped at a gas station to get some smokes and a drink to begin my long drive back north. The local officer was OCing what appeared to be a Ruger P95. What made this hilarious was that the fine young officer was wearing blue jeans, some black combat boots, a shiny black flight jacket, and a hat that said POLICE. I believe he was off duty, but I couldn't be sure, that might be his uniform, this town might have just had a marshall. Also, he was driving a minivan. I really hope that wasn't his cruiser.

Anyways, that's what I have noticed lately.

Top Bottom