• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    We are living in scary times. I read in the Columbus paper, that people filing for unemployment is the highest in 9 months. Yet they are spending $18,000,000 to redo the downtown mall. Makes no damn sense whatsoever. That's why I'm glad I have the means to protect myself. When it finally does break, it's going to get bad. I will take shelter in my parents home. Between my Dad, and I we have quit a arsenal and a lot of ammo. The middle class is being wiped out. The middle class is the foundation of this country. We pay for people to be on welfare, Medicaid, etc, We are also the ones working in the factories, and such. Putting money into the pockets of the wealthy. So take us out, the structure will collapse.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Now is a good time to make sure you have some extra food, meds, and comfort items before the supply chains are disrupted.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    We are living in scary times. I read in the Columbus paper, that people filing for unemployment is the highest in 9 months. Yet they are spending $18,000,000 to redo the downtown mall. Makes no damn sense whatsoever. That's why I'm glad I have the means to protect myself. When it finally does break, it's going to get bad. I will take shelter in my parents home. Between my Dad, and I we have quit a arsenal and a lot of ammo. The middle class is being wiped out. The middle class is the foundation of this country. We pay for people to be on welfare, Medicaid, etc, We are also the ones working in the factories, and such. Putting money into the pockets of the wealthy. So take us out, the structure will collapse.

Columbus Indiana , as a whole .. has always thought that the axis of the earth is centered at the main Cummins assembly plant .
    The Commons mall was real neat ... in the 70's .
    Pretty , clean different ... it should and would have died a long time ago if it were not for the city / taxpayers propping it up . Columbus is an example of why we are in trouble ... if you don't see it ... it's not there ..
    Duncan
    Duncan

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i agree that a depression is inevitable. i had a 7th grade history teacher (one of the best teachers I have ever known in my life) that told us the U.S. was due for a deppression in 10 years. that was many years ago that i was in 7th grade. ive been out of high school for more than 10 years. i believe that he was right. He was a very smart man! i have never forgot what he tought me all those years ago.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It will be much tougher on people that have never experienced what it's truely like to be hungry and on the ones that have always gotten their way with everybody and everything.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Now is a good time to make sure you have some extra food, meds, and comfort items before the supply chains are disrupted.
    Will this be worse than Y2K that we were absolutely sure would decimate civilization as we knew it?

Oh man, time to dig out my bug-out bag.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I believe worse times are ahead and you cant count on our out of control dysfunctional government for anything. I would like to see some real change in 2012 but I think the talking heads are too entrenched and failure of the US economy is a certain outcome of irresponsible out of control spending by the talking heads that Lord over us.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    It would be nice to think that in a total breakdown we could rebuild it back to the way it was, but that aint gonna happen folks.
    The elites have already put into place all they need to declare martial law and break out the jack boots on the masses.
    Sure they will let chaos run for a while till the survivors plead for them to "SAVE US", then you just wait, they will not save us, they will enslave us.

Has anything happened in washington in the last 20 years that would lead you to think otherwise?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It would be nice to think that in a total breakdown we could rebuild it back to the way it was, but that aint gonna happen folks.
    The elites have already put into place all they need to declare martial law and break out the jack boots on the masses.
    Sure they will let chaos run for a while till the survivors plead for them to "SAVE US", then you just wait, they will not save us, they will enslave us.

Has anything happened in washington in the last 20 years that would lead you to think otherwise?

And the world will look up and shout, "Save Us!" and I'll look down and whisper "No!".-Rorschach's opening monologue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The problem with the impending economic meltdown/depression/double dip recession is that no matter what government is in place, if things are truly that bad down to a SHTF level, I would see the government declaring marshal law. We are going to have our own Guard and other military police moving in and "directing traffic".

I have two kids in college and between them, the in-laws and my dad...we have developed several rendezvous points so that we can high-tail it from any major city or metropolitan area. Even if we had another Great Depression, it will certainly be unlike anything in the past. People nowadays have no sense of self-reliance...they have grown up over the years to learn to be "entitled" to things and when there isn't food or gasoline or water or other disposable goods, then things are going to get ugly in a hurry. And we thought riots were bad back in the 60's and 70's? I don't want to stick around to see what it looks like.

Top Bottom