When was the last time you really ran hard with your EDC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have 2 GSD's so I run daily or they get mean and destructive because they are bored. Keeps me down to a fatboy starter kit and not a Dunlop.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I am 69 1/2 years old, 1 arthritic knee, 1 artificial knee.
    Running is out of the question for me.
    I do walk alot at a quicker pace than just strolling along.
    It helps, as my BP is 118/70 and, rother than the knees, I'm in great shape.
    I shoot several times a week at my "home built" range to keep competent, but, I will never be 30, or 40, or 50, or even 60 again.
    I keep telling myself I wish I knew then, what I know now.
    You younger guys enjoy life now, it gets alot harder as you get older.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This is why I Run-n-Gun!

7+ miles in February wearing full kit through the woods in KY. Loved it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Had a spinal injury at the age of 25. I learned to walk unaided again, but running is gone. I'll draw fire so my wife and kids can escape if it comes to it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yesterday. Three miles.

Rule #1 of Virusland, er, Zombieland, cardio.

Tonight is burpees and jump rope. Do forms, hit the heavy bag, hit the mook jong. I like to mix it up.

Running in your gear is important. Getting down and rolling around is important too.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I generally like the idea of running, but don’t lie to run.

My wife and I run a 5k every spring and fall for the last 3-4 years. Lasts falls time was around 42 minutes and some change. I just ran last week and am down to 33 minutes.

I am actually starting to enjoy running- kind of crazy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Physiological Fitness (cardiovascular efficiency, strength-to-weight ratio, and overall body size) are all factors when it comes to maintaining adequate physiological fitness.
    One does not have to be a professional athlete to be able to move quickly and survive a short-distance physical exertion activity...
    but having a small degree of personal fitness goes a long way towards helping one not only adapt to physical exercise,
    but be able to function and recover, in the short-term, if moderate physical exertion is required of them!
    Sometimes, just getting out and walking a 1/2, a 1/2, etc. and working up to 1-2-3 miles, sometimes twice per day, is a good start.
    Rest is also a factor and it's amazing how much better most sleep when they've had a moderate degree of physical exercise during the day.

As a former Certified/Licensed Athletic Trainer, Certified Personal Trainer, and high school biology/health teacher...
    there's a lot to the fitness component concept, but getting fitter (and healthier) can be done in 15-30 minutes per day is a good starter.

Component holders...I've gone to all leather, which is a bit heaver, but will definitely help keep everything in place correctly!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    All the runners reading this thread should make a last second entry for tomorrow's Revere's Riders biathlon. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...09-battle-road-biathlon-june-6th-bedford.html

It's a real mind **** trying to figure out what to do when a competitor that is already shooting his targets is ahead of you & you see him miss one. He now has to do a penalty lap. Do you slow down, make your 5 shots count so you don't also need to run that penalty lap? What if the guy behind you is thinking the same thing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All the runners reading this thread should make a last second entry for tomorrow's Revere's Riders biathlon. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...09-battle-road-biathlon-june-6th-bedford.html

It's a real mind **** trying to figure out what to do when a competitor that is already shooting his targets is ahead of you & you see him miss one. He now has to do a penalty lap. Do you slow down, make your 5 shots count so you don't also need to run that penalty lap? What if the guy behind you is thinking the same thing?

Uh…..I am confused.....make all 5....:):

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I am 69 1/2 years old, 1 arthritic knee, 1 artificial knee.
    Running is out of the question for me.
    I do walk alot at a quicker pace than just strolling along.
    It helps, as my BP is 118/70 and, rother than the knees, I'm in great shape.
    I shoot several times a week at my "home built" range to keep competent, but, I will never be 30, or 40, or 50, or even 60 again.
    I keep telling myself I wish I knew then, what I know now.
    You younger guys enjoy life now, it gets alot harder as you get older.

Well, I guess I must have jinxed myself with this post.
    As of yesterday, I blew out my "good" knee with a torn ACL.
    My Dr. says that at my age, and with arthritis in the knee, a ligament "repair" isn't the reasonable thing to do and he says, to fix the knee, we need to do a total knee replacement.
    Having done it once, I know what to expect, so, onward and upward.
    Oh, the joy's of getting old.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I run ONCE a year. It's the Beyond the Badge 5k. I did happen to run a 1.5mi timed late last year in 12:10. Not bad for someone that never runs. I do BJJ and that works my cardio better than running without the impact.

Top Bottom