• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I would go see the stupid movie just to tell Kim the latest to go pound sand. Now I can't even do that thanks to a bunch of mamby-pambies.

Maybe Kim is re-thinking the "don't let anyone leave the country, EVER" policy. It would be a lot easier to carry out state-sponsored terrorism if you actually let them leave. They could come here on student visas and never leave; you know like the 9/11 hijackers or Barry's uncle.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think we could settle with some joint military operations with South Korea to get the point across. Maybe test out some new ICBM model or something.

Oh, here's an idea. Set up some big projection screens on the North/South Korean border. Play the film all day every day for a week. Make sure the North Korean soldiers at the observation posts get a nice view of it.

SicSTi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    jTR5e3tl.jpg

Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    movie the interview

Movie that I have never wanted to see more in my life. More than cheesy Godzilla movies when I was 12. F&@( North Korean hackers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, the template has been set............... I wonder what movie they will demand be pulled next or "terrorism".

If SONY is doing this for any reason related to threats then that is a massive fail.
    It may not be threats of attack, but the release of other movies, and info that the Norks are still holding onto as a ransom.
    Now, that information can't really be good past a year or two.....
    They should hold this movie for that time and release it afterward instead of scrapping it completely.

dustinfz6r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    East Indy /Pendleton
    They were expecting to make $20 million opening weekend, it didn't say how much it cost to make the film but Sony is loosing a ton of money on this deal.

*America will NEVER give in to the demands of terrorists! (unless they don't like our movies in which case we will fold like a beach chair.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I thought of that, too. Some of the emails that have been released are really more important than the threats. The stuff in those emails make people look bad in an industry where perception is everything.

Seems like the leverage point may not be the movie itself, but what other docs/emails are out there.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Tony Katz made a good statement this morning. If our Government allows terrorist style threats to stomp on our freedoms, unchecked, what's next?

Here's the best solution I can come up with.... release the movie for showing..... in China.

Top Bottom