• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DAMN

Although, Obama criticizing Sony is a great way to keep the heat on them and off the govt's failures to protect Sony.

Sort of weird for Obama to say Sony is a private company but still imply they should have gotten his permission to pull the movie

B5PYtWeIcAIA4kV.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    [both of us look around] :D

I didn't know Obama criticized Sony. And I'm confused about what obligation .gov had to protect from hackers. Did he do a speech or something?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    [both of us look around] :D

I didn't know Obama criticized Sony. And I'm confused about what obligation .gov had to protect from hackers. Did he do a speech or something?

He's giving a speech right now, and talking about this hacking situation. The screenshot shows him criticizing their decision to pull the film. The Gov should maintain a strong and secure infrastructure in America.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ah - wasn't aware of (another) presidential speech.

I guess I'm also unaware of how the hackers breached Sony. Figured it was an unsecured server or something. If it turns out it was part of the infrastructure, then that's REALLY bad.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You know who I really feel bad for in all of this?

That poor actor who played kim jong un....... he had to get that horrible troll haircut...... that actor needs a medal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    George W Bush - "Heh."

B5PnDMmIMAEABSA.jpg:large

Also, George Clooney Calls for Online Release of 'The Interview'
    "That's the most important part. We cannot be told we can't see something by Kim Jong Un, of all ****ing people."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sony-hack/george-clooney-calls-online-release-interview-n271511

Curious - Do you think NK actually thought they could get away with making threats like this to the US? Did they do it because we're unlikely to respond in a serious manner... or do they actually believe they're a force to be reckoned with?

Is Kim visiting Putin to set up a little agreement? The mind wonders.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Figured they went through China.

At what point is malicious hacking with threats considered an act of war?

FBI: North Korea Hacked Sony via China - The Daily Beast

At what point does any action become an act of war?
    It's not set in stone for things we've done for centuries, much less the recent (by human timeline) development of hacking.

Depends on how much one side wants the war.
    Depends on how powerful or preceived to be powerful the sides are.
    Depends on rulers moods.
    Depends on the mood of the people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    George W Bush - "Heh."

B5PnDMmIMAEABSA.jpg:large

Also, George Clooney Calls for Online Release of 'The Interview'
    "That's the most important part. We cannot be told we can't see something by Kim Jong Un, of all ****ing people."

George Clooney Calls for Online Release of 'The Interview' - NBC News

Curious - Do you think NK actually thought they could get away with making threats like this to the US? Did they do it because we're unlikely to respond in a serious manner... or do they actually believe they're a force to be reckoned with?

Is Kim visiting Putin to set up a little agreement? The mind wonders.

They think the can get away with it, because they have for decades.
    If you let a puppy poop on your rug for 3 years, do you wonder why it continues to poop on your rug?

And people are on a bit worried about the Norks.
    Wargame out the effect on CHINA if the US starts throwing it's weight around its border.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is no way in the world they thought Sony would actually capitulate. They grabbed a bunch of emails and spreadsheets and released them. Made Sony look bad.

I think that was their end game.

This was just a windfall.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The most in-your-face response would be to airdrop DVDs of The Interview into the nuclear-armed hermit nation, suggested the former chief of the CIA's North Korea unit.
    "A great CIA op would be to have this sent into North Korea along with Team America," said Bruce Klingner, the CIA's former chief North Korea analyst who is now at the Heritage Foundation.

'Merica!

Should U.S. sneak 'The Interview' into North Korea?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some years back, when I was still in the military, my friends who were stationed in Korea said it appeared the US didn't have troops there to protect the South from the North -- our guys were there to protect the North from the South... Apparently the ROK military was ready and willing to go sort the Norks hash once and for all. dunno if it is still that way tho.

Altho I'm sure our present CinC and government would do everything it could to kick the legs out from under the South if war did break out.

Today, North Korea would steamroll the paltry combined US and ROK military presence and take Seoul before adequate response could be mounted. I'm pretty sure it's been that way since the middle 90s.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So will this crap internet released movie result in a burned embassy and murdered diplomat/support people?
    I mean the last one did................. but it didn't matter.
    So said your future Prez.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I read that Anonymous is now pissed that Sony caved to hackers. They threatened Sony with more hacking unless they release it as a torrent. So, does Sony draw the red line with the new hackers?

Top Bottom