• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Went out today to spend some cash, could not find an SR9c anywhere. Looking for an all black model. I went to PSS and Bradis, neither had one in stock.:noway:

Main reason I'm looking into one is, while I like my PF9, there are no night sights available for it. I have painted them with paint that glows in the dark, but does not "last" all night. While I hope I never have too, might be nice to be able to hit something in the dark if needed.:rolleyes:

I know night sights are available for the SR9c. Anyone have a set of night sights from Ruger, or anyone else on their SR9c? I'd like to put a set on my SR9 too. Can this be done without marring the black finish on either? I'm anal.:n00b:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Went out today to spend some cash, could not find an SR9c anywhere. Looking for an all black model. I went to PSS and Bradis, neither had one in stock.:noway:

Main reason I'm looking into one is, while I like my PF9, there are no night sights available for it. I have painted them with paint that glows in the dark, but does not "last" all night. While I hope I never have too, might be nice to be able to hit something in the dark if needed.:rolleyes:

I know night sights are available for the SR9c. Anyone have a set of night sights from Ruger, or anyone else on their SR9c? I'd like to put a set on my SR9 too. Can this be done without marring the black finish on either? I'm anal.:n00b:

Check out GUNBROKER, I've been buying lasergrips instead of nite-sites for my guns:D

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I picked up my sr9c at Beech Grove Firearms. Haven't checked their stock lately though.

Wait a few months, and after I get traded up for the sr40c you can buy my 9c. ;)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Ryan Jones at Mikes Country Store and Firearms has several. He is located just north of Laporte. I bought a pair of them 4 days ago. And he is FFL Approved. His price for brand new SR9c's $400. And the stores phone number is 219 362 2674. Tell him a Ball State grad sent you.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Thanks for all the info about other gun shops.:yesway: Guess I need to broaden my search.

BTW Mr.JAG, any idea of the timeframe your looking at as far as the SR40 is concerned? Is your SR9c an all black model? I'm not big on a shiney stainless slide.:rolleyes:

guns_up

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Danville
    Sorry Bradis didn't have one, my buddy bought their last one Wednesday. I just got the Gander Mountain advertisement for the week and they're selling them for 450. If you want one tomorrow they'll have them.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    crack shot in anderson had one when i was in there yesterday, it was over priced at 460. indy gun safety might have one in noblesville if not he could order it for ya.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Well hell yes.... a rattle can of satin black and OD green Krylon and I'm good to go!:rockwoot:

BTW, did anyone see the Glock at PSS that someone had painted red tiger stripes on? Bob had it in the used case.:noway::noway::noway::noway:
    But hey, it was only a Glock.:popcorn: Looked good!:n00b:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

It's a bit of a drive, but Acme Sports in Seymour had two for $399.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I picked one up a week or so ago at Beach Grove Firearms. If you wanted to go the online route I think Buds Guns has both the stainless(425) and the black(408) in stock. I've bought from them before and the transaction was very smooth.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Damn....:D Still keep me in mind when you do decide to trade up though!:yesway: I might change my mind. I could live with a stainless slide, just prefer a black one. I WANTED an SR9c in OD green.... but THAT isn't going to happen.:xmad:

Same here, I will be looking for an all black SR9 in the near future. Maybe the 1500 next month?

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I got one a few months ago. Also picked up the NS, and the Mitch Rosen holster off of the Ruger sights. The NS are very nice as well as the Mitch Rosen Holster. Both are a little pricey but well worth it. It is my favorite carry piece. The NS are about perfect IMHO in brightness. Only way I think I would get rid of it is if I can get a SR40c since I reload alot of .40 S&W.

Top Bottom