• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Steak 'n Shake in Nora. Poor waitress toppled a large ice water all over our table, some getting on wife's lap. They comped our meal; I tipped her more than normally would've, told her I spilled things when I was a waiter.

Oh, yeah--no mention of the Rossi .357 snubbie on my hip.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got rear-ended at Southport and Shelbyville while sitting at a stopsign. Pulled over and checked for damage. Neither of our cars were banged up. Was OC'ing at the time.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I carried quite a few places yesterday but one in particular I wanted to mention.

Franciscan Center Family Thrift Store in Fort Wayne Indiana.

I was going about my shopping when I saw a man come out of the back and look at me. About a minute later he says "Not to start any problems but you can't carry a gun in here so you have to leave." I then said "Is there a sign on your door stating this policy?" He then looked at the door for a second and said "no but it is store policy" I said "okay, you may wanna think about putting a sign on your door for the criminals to follow" I left and promptly sent an email to their office, if no response I will call.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I carried quite a few places yesterday but one in particular I wanted to mention.

Franciscan Center Family Thrift Store in Fort Wayne Indiana.

I was going about my shopping when I saw a man come out of the back and look at me. About a minute later he says "Not to start any problems but you can't carry a gun in here so you have to leave." I then said "Is there a sign on your door stating this policy?" He then looked at the door for a second and said "no but it is store policy" I said "okay, you may wanna think about putting a sign on your door for the criminals to follow" I left and promptly sent an email to their office, if no response I will call.

That was good.
    Short, to the point.
    He's not going to sit there and listen to some long winded explanation. And you appeared to remain calm. (Well, I guess I don't really know that)

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Oh yeah, I remained calm. No need to get bent out of shape over something like that. Ill just choose not to give that place my business anymore. It's sad to see, but 2nd amendment rights mean nothing to some people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh yeah, I remained calm. No need to get bent out of shape over something like that. Ill just choose not to give that place my business anymore. It's sad to see, but 2nd amendment rights mean nothing to some people.

Well, like you pointed out, they probably think it means something. Like a criminal will actually NOT go in there. I know, it's stupid, but that's what they think.

Reminds me of this.

[video=youtube;fYL0yN110go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYL0yN110go[/video]

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I remember seeing that a while back. Its about the logic they use. I won't lose sleep over it, I'll just choose to take my money else where and let others know about their policy.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Rural King, Hardees, Little Ceasers pizza. While waiting on my pies, a local LEO came in open carrying off duty and gave me the stink eye the whole time he was there. I could see him doing the quick glance and look away when he first noticed me, then it went to the full on stare down. I just smiled and nodded at him. He watched me the whole time and even through the window after I left. I have never had an issue with local LEO's before but I could tell this guy would have been an issue if it was a different place and time.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    saturday i went to big R and dunhams i knew i wouldn't have any problems at either one. A girl that works at dunhams and I talked about our choice of guns (glock versus 1911) and what hollow points we carry, both of us carry gold dots. then on sunday i went to big r again and ended up having a discussion on magpul grips with the cashier. So far no negative encounters

Top Bottom