• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Appleworks, noone even gave me a second look.

Walmart food market on Keystone ave. Got a compliment from another shopper. Then an employee spotted me and told the leo I had a gun. Needless to say, he followed me and eyed me down for a good 2 minutes before realizing we were on the same team.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Tonight after work, South Indy Emerson & County Line Super Kroger. I make a point of OC there because of Kroger's past issues with crazy people. While shopping ground cow for the grill, a guy with an OC Kimber stops me and asks if I like my Don Hume RH IWB.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cincinnati a bit this morning. Pulled over for speeding on the way back home in Indy. Officer asked for license, told him it was in my pocket near gun on hip. He said that's fine and asked if I had an LTCH, asked what kind of gun I carry.

As he went back to car, said "I'll be right back, just don't make any crazy movements for the gun." I laughed and responded "Of course." He looked pretty young.

Came back with a warning, told him I appreciate it. There was a little more conversation.

Honesty helps a lot. Answered truthfully when asked how fast I was going (apparently I was off by 5mph though...), etc.

Seems like being honest about my firearm has earned me a few warnings instead of tickets over the years...

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Cincinnati a bit this morning. Pulled over for speeding on the way back home in Indy. Officer asked for license, told him it was in my pocket near gun on hip. He said that's fine and asked if I had an LTCH, asked what kind of gun I carry.

As he went back to car, said "I'll be right back, just don't make any crazy movements for the gun." I laughed and responded "Of course." He looked pretty young.

Came back with a warning, told him I appreciate it. There was a little more conversation.

Honesty helps a lot. Answered truthfully when asked how fast I was going (apparently I was off by 5mph though...), etc.

Seems like being honest about my firearm has earned me a few warnings instead of tickets over the years...

:yesway:

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    The other day I was getting off work and going to evansville teachers federal credit union to deposit a large sum of cash. I put my XDS9 and holster on appendix and walked in. As I was walking in there was an Asian family walking out and I got a weird stare by the mother as I was walking in. I just smiled and went about my business.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Cabela's for NRA Appreciation Weekend...then had to come home and wait on the fridge repair guy (love the warranty).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just for giggles, the previously discussed PNC Bank on Kentucky ave. I was wearing Khakis and a casual button-up shirt. G19 in a supertuck at the 8 oclock.

I entered the bank vestibule, walked through the metal detector, and of course the inner door locked, the red light came on, and the automated voice prompt told me to empty my pockets into the inspection basket. I ignored it and smiled at the lovely ladies behind the counter. I was promptly buzzed in. I thanked them and went to the counter to fill out my withdrawal slip. Conducted business as usual.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Just for giggles, the previously discussed PNC Bank on Kentucky ave. I was wearing Khakis and a casual button-up shirt. G19 in a supertuck at the 8 oclock.

I entered the bank vestibule, walked through the metal detector, and of course the inner door locked, the red light came on, and the automated voice prompt told me to empty my pockets into the inspection basket. I ignored it and smiled at the lovely ladies behind the counter. I was promptly buzzed in. I thanked them and went to the counter to fill out my withdrawal slip. Conducted business as usual.

I hate those stupid things.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Around 12:30pm today at the shelbyville walmart parking lot . White haired gentleman OCING wife was getting in their truck he was pushing a cart back to the coral. Did not get a good look at his sidearm because of the way he turned. I'm always carrying ( period )

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

~STOLEN~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Dunhams!!!
    Didn't know any were left lol

Menards, target, ocharleys @ Southport and Emerson
    No probs, didn't see any snobby/annoyed/confused looks.....doesn't mean it didn't happen though

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Officer in front of me at McDonalds.

Then I order, cashier asks if I want my free coffee. I smile and say I'm not leo

She says "oh I saw the gun, figured you were. It's nice."

Calling a glock "nice"?!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Officer in front of me at McDonalds.

Then I order, cashier asks if I want my free coffee. I smile and say I'm not leo

She says "oh I saw the gun, figured you were. It's nice."

Calling a glock "nice"?!

Yeah that is kind of sick.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    gelsosomo's pizza in Portage (Route 6).

I OC everywhere. But this time it was noticed. Went to meet up with some mill rats/retired mill rats, and apparently a lot of them CC, so they noticed.

Top Bottom