Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure if anyone OCs at the Bed Bath Beyond in Greenwood, My girlfriend will let me know. She's a manager there, and she carries occasionally :D (not at work, of course...)

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    First OC experience was at Mejier in Carmel. No one pointed and stared or even gave a second glance, no children were lied to and told that it was a toy, there were no whispering bystanders, and no tumbleweeds, no one took my firearm and shot me with it, and Carmel PD + SWAT was not waiting outside upon my exiting the store. The guy at the U scan entered the age verification code for my beer and kept reading his magazine. Pretty much my first OC experience went as it should....without notice:patriot:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Took the kids to Chik-Fil-A again last night for their "Super Family Night". I was a little nervous because there were 5 year old girls EVERYWHERE! :eek: But, nothing happened. Had some delicious chicken nuggets and waffle fries. :rockwoot:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Took the kids to Chik-Fil-A again last night for their "Super Family Night". I was a little nervous because there were 5 year old girls EVERYWHERE! :eek: But, nothing happened. Had some delicious chicken nuggets and waffle fries. :rockwoot:

Man, you were soooo LUCKY...with all those 5 year old girls around, you could have been killed!!!!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I used the fire extinguisher analogy which he seemed to get, then he just came out with "The chances of being assaulted around here are pretty slim..."
    I just looked up the fire extinguisher analogy - I like that, and will probably use it.

Over the weekend the mother in law was up and me, my wife, her mom, her mom's parents, and her little sister all went out to dinner and to a park. The wife told me before we got there that I needed to conceal and I asked her why - to which she simply got upset and fussy and never gave me a real reason. If I had to guess, she was worried what her mother would think and if/how she would judge me and, as a result, her.

To be honest, if I had my concealable holster I would have been happy to do it to make the wife happy/more comfortable - but I didn't - and I wasn't simply going to leave it in the car.

So we had dinner and talked and then went to the park, and apparently my mother in law didn't notice the gun until we were all about to leave. She turned to me and said "Why do you have a gun?" to which I simply responded with "Why not?" and that was the end of the conversation. I presume one of two things... 1) She didn't want to argue/debate or 2) she didn't have a good reason on the top of her head why I shouldn't. Probably 1, but I'd like to believe 2.

So that would be Gray Bother's Cafeteria in Mooresville and the city park just down the street from it, followed by Wal-Mart, Gander Mountain, and home :).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lowe's, Home Depot, Starbucks, Menards, Sears.

Held the door for a guy at Sears, and he asked me what I was carrying. He chuckled a bit at my choice of a semi-auto, saying he's more of a revolver guy :)

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I OC'd for the first time today after leaving Indy Trading Post today. Went to Wendy's for a sandwich and even had a guy ask me about my holster. Very positive experience!

I didn't see anyone else OC'ing in there while I was there.
    I met with a friend of mine there from 2:30 to about 3:30... we were both OC'ing.

But +1 to OC'ing for the first time! Rep Inbound! :rockwoot:

readlorey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm just starting to carry more often. I always carry when I travel in the car and at night. My best friend carries too, sometimes. I haven't OC'd yet but then I haven't found the right holster. I want another pistol. I'm keeping the 9 but I want something a little smaller to carry.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I OC'd at my local Walgreens today, OC'ing for the first time, after CC'ing for a couple years. Went off without a bang! Ha ha! But really, pretty uneventful, and I know some people saw it, but nobody said a word. I must say, it kinda nice and convenient... I will probably continue to OC more and more now...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wendys, menards, cabelas.
    Trucker at cabelas stopped my brother and I, asked questions about Indiana gun laws. Thank Fenway for INGO.

Yesterday KFC

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom