Not open for further replies.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Legion Riders

Had a motorcycle ride with 15 other Legionaires we left Floyds Knobs to the 51 bar in Salem. had lunch.Rode from there to the Legion in Scotsburg for a little break, then through Charlestown down to the Legion in Sellersburg.
    Finally we ended at Post 24 in New Albany.
    Had a great day nary a cross look.
    :patriot:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Explained how OC was alright in Indy. He said he's from Michigan and has never seen that before

If I remember correctly, Michigan is (theoretically) an OC state, though, in practice, it's CC. Also, the moment you get into a vehicle, you're CCing (which I find somewhat hilarious, actually, but the Michigan legislature never did ask me my thoughts about it :dunno:). Additionally, firearms and alcohol don't mix in Michigan either (which is why the the guy was a bit freaked about it ...very likely he's never seen it before).

As much as I enjoy going back to Michigan, seeing friends and family, and the geography of the U.P., Indiana is very much more gun-friendly. That's a large part of what keeps me here.

Also, while I was out and about on the motorcycle today, and had my G27, my jacket prevented me from true OC. Apparently I'll need to pick up a drop-leg holster for winter carry. :D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    New Speedway station west side of Lowell. Kinda funny, some dude was trying to lay an egg in a one-holer. I'd normaly jump into the women's and quick in and out but I didn't 'cause I thought somebody might see me coming out and think I thought I could do anything I wanted since I had a pistol on my belt. McDonalds in Clinton (was waiting for wife in lobby. Some guy looked for a couple of seconds at my piece.) Vincennes McDonalds on Hart Street. Got into nice conversation with 4 people at the counter but nobody seemed to notice. Then Hucks in Princeton, truck stop at I64 and 41 then Moto Mart at I64 and IN 65. Still not a question or real comment in 5 days of OCing full time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I was the only one carrying openly at Red Lobster in Terre Haut on Saturday. Or, my endless shrimp intoxication may have caused me to not notice anyone else.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I OC'ed at Chik-Fil-A on the south side of South Bend today. Wife and I were planning to head to Walmart, so we stopped there for lunch. When we pulled up, there were about 10 ISP cars there. She says to me, "Oh great, are they going to give you a hard time?" I said "Let's hope not." We walked in, right past their tables (about 10-15 troopers sitting together). I smiled and walked on up to the counter. Nobody said anything, and we enjoyed our lunch together. After that was Walmart.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I OC'ed at Chik-Fil-A on the south side of South Bend today. Wife and I were planning to head to Walmart, so we stopped there for lunch. When we pulled up, there were about 10 ISP cars there. She says to me, "Oh great, are they going to give you a hard time?" I said "Let's hope not." We walked in, right past their tables (about 10-15 troopers sitting together). I smiled and walked on up to the counter. Nobody said anything, and we enjoyed our lunch together. After that was Walmart.
    They obviously knew it would take more than that number to take you down and didn't have time to call for back-up:D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I did the unthinkable... I don't know what the deal was... if I was tired, or just out of it... but I left home without a gun this morning :X

I'm ashamed, so don't rub it in too hard =/

Made up for it by bringing my USP to the airport to pick up the lady.
    Not... in the airport... just... to the arrival area.

Oh, and screw the 465 construction on the west side. I missed my exit to the airport, yeah? So I ended up driving a good 30 minutes out of the way, perusing roads that are RIGHT next to the airport and 465, trying to get there... there is just no easy way to get back on 465. Exits were closed, roads were unmarked...

.... needless to say, I'm a bit hoarse right now from all the cursing at the road closures. If there was a wrong way to go, I took every single one of them.

Shive.Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greenwood/Whiteland
    i OC'ed for the first time on sunday walking through walmart with my wife and daughter. i only noticed one lady that kept looking at me as we were walking in about 15-20 feet in front of us. after she turned the corner and went a different direction, i didn't notice anybody else looking, although i myself kept putting my arm/hand down there. i always carry when i'm not at work, but always CC. after my first experience, i think i'll keep going.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I havent OCed in awhile since I sold my glock 19 to my little brother. (I gave him the holsters as he needed them and the OC one didnt fit my 27).... just ordered a blackhawk serpa from midway. I WILL BE OCING AGAIN SOON!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    I live in a small town, northwest IN, but really haven't gotten the "jewels" to OC. But I don't like to draw attention to myself.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I havent OCed in awhile since I sold my glock 19 to my little brother. (I gave him the holsters as he needed them and the OC one didnt fit my 27).... just ordered a blackhawk serpa from midway. I WILL BE OCING AGAIN SOON!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!
    Will you carry the 27 right side or left side for cross draw? (assuming you're right handed.) I've found that the right side under the armpit is a little bit of a pain trying to draw from a car seat with the belt on. When I carry cross draw on my left side with the holster canted all the way forward with my Serpa it is a very easy draw because the belt doesn't obstruct on that side. It is also so comfortable that I don't even feel it. Beside all the comfort issues it is so easy to pull and it is already mostly pointed at the drivers window for those pesky bad guys.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I always carry strong side. Granted, ive never tried any other method, but I dont think id like it any other way. I practice my draw with my seatbelt on, so thats not a big issue for me. Plus id rather let the guy take my car as I think red would be a nice change for my interior. ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always carry strong side. Granted, ive never tried any other method, but I dont think id like it any other way. I practice my draw with my seatbelt on, so thats not a big issue for me. Plus id rather let the guy take my car as I think red would be a nice change for my interior. ;)

Same here, but the only way I'd ever consider cross-draw (a big no-no, unless you're sitting down)... is if I had something subcompact (which I don't)... and of course, planned on needing it when I was sitting... and who plans that?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I triple dog dare you to try the cross carry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom