• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have always wanted a semi-auto, 9mm MP-5. Unfortunately I have no idea where to get one. I definitely don't want a goofy, 16" super long barrel protruding out of it. In order to satisfy the ATF, I'm willing to have a fake suppressor on the end of it, but I want it to look good. Nor do I want some clone that I'll spend 2,000$ on just so it can break.

Does anyone know where to find a suitable option? I've wanted one for years and would spend hundreds of hours playing with it.

Or am I just looking for a unicorn?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have always wanted a semi-auto, 9mm MP-5. Unfortunately I have no idea where to get one. I definitely don't want a goofy, 16" super long barrel protruding out of it. In order to satisfy the ATF, I'm willing to have a fake suppressor on the end of it, but I want it to look good. Nor do I want some clone that I'll spend 2,000$ on just so it can break.

Does anyone know where to find a suitable option? I've wanted one for years and would spend hundreds of hours playing with it.

Or am I just looking for a unicorn?

Just a few years ago you could pick up MP5 clones for ~$400. When H&K won their lawsuit against GSG, they became vaporware and prices skyrocketed. I too would love to have one and hopefully will someday. Of all of bunchanumbers' toys, the MP5 clone was the one I drooled over most.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just a few years ago you could pick up MP5 clones for ~$400. When H&K won their lawsuit against GSG, they became vaporware and prices skyrocketed. I too would love to have one and hopefully will someday. Of all of bunchanumbers' toys, the MP5 clone was the one I drooled over most.

So yeah. A unicorn. :sighs: :(

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    There used to be Turkish clones a few years ago. Now there is a Pakistani company that makes clones of the MP5. Expect to pay over $1k even for the pistol version. Copper Custom said they were going to carry them along with a version of the Sig arm brace designed for them.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    not a clone... mine
    main.php

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    You're going to spend $1400+ for a decent one. Truly nice ones are $2k+. If you don't like the longer barrel, I'd recommend a pistol and the SB15 style arm brace.

Mine:
    KbFQZ0z.jpg

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Tim at Military Arms Channel (and Copper Customs) has a really good youtube video on the POF (Pakistani Ordinance) MP5 clone. As mentioned by others, Atlantic Firearms also carries this and a couple of 'in house' versions of the MP5.

New: POF-5 9mm pistol - YouTube

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    How easily could the barrel be removed from one of rifle variants so I could thread it? That'd definitely be a lot cooler than my suppressed hi-point 995!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    How easily could the barrel be removed from one of rifle variants so I could thread it? That'd definitely be a lot cooler than my suppressed hi-point 995!
    The barrel is not "user serviceable". Would have to be done by a smith.

To the original post, the clones can get expensive. Most of the clones were made by one guy, Todd Bailey. He kept getting into legal issues and started several companies. They include, Coharie Arms, Bobcat, and Special Weapons. They are all notorious for crappy parts, and quality. Some run some don't. Most need some HK parts to run properly.

MKE was the Turkish company that made licensed clones. Most of those were set up to only run with their 10 round mags. Takes a little dremel work to get them to accept a mp5 mag. I believe they are no longer imported.

the Pakistani Ordinance (POF) are the newest on the market. They are licensed by HK, and from the reviews I've seen, run pretty good. I've thought pretty hard about picking one up.

i have a Coharie that Chezuki was talking about earlier in the thread. It's currently not running, and I'm buying HK parts. HK parts are expensive. If you can afford a real HK 94, get it, it will pay off in the long haul.

Top Bottom