• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't really think this is an unreasonable opinion, and I am not personally attacking you by expressing my disagreement.

From a Christian perspective, I do think the Bible makes it very clear that God has every right to do with us as He pleases. Even if that were to violate our "rights." He is the potter we are the clay, the analogy is used in both testaments.

That being said, it is the natural order of things for certain actions to be permissible only for someone in a certain position of authority: e.g. parents have "rights" the children do not. From one human being to another, I think the Bible is very clear for us to not infringe upon one-another's rights.

Yet at the same time, look at how this universal application of rights has been abused by the Left to destroy our society. Sexual degeneracy, drug use, etc. pushed in the media and schools to our children. Really the only arguments to stop these are moral ones, yet everyone has the "right" to decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Islam also advances and subverts by abusing the freedom of religion in western societies, while it is really much more than a religion.

I am not advocating for a Christian theocracy, but I do think that on a local scale, if a majority of the population wants things to be a certain way, they should be able to make that decision. If a town wants to pass laws clearly based on Christian morals, then fine. If a town wants every kid taught creationism and evolution both, then so be it. If a town wants to outlaw the adult book & video store and strip clubs, so be it. If you don't like any of that, move to another town. Yet I would abhor a federal law doing either of those things.

Maybe it's just that human beings are fallen, and there is no perfect system, so anything in time will corrupt and decay. Because I see how the Left and Islam abuse our western tolerance, and I do second-guess our approach.

I didn't take it that way at all. Thank you for the well reasoned opinion.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That was my point. Not anarchy.

I wasn't accusing you of that. But, the place to fight is in the polling place, the democratic forum, the public forum, etc. We're a long, long ways from any physical fighting; and we should all do our best to avoid that. The Antifa crap is isolated to bunch of children and I would hope that can be quelled by the law.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I wasn't accusing you of that. But, the place to fight is in the polling place, the democratic forum, the public forum, etc. We're a long, long ways from any physical fighting; and we should all do our best to avoid that. The Antifa crap is isolated to bunch of children and I would hope that can be quelled by the law.

Scary part is Antifa isn’t just children. The ICE ordeal last week was a 69 (?) year old man. Mentality of a child maybe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welcome to INGO, you must be new here.

:):

I expect those responses from Jknight. No harm no foul but that is how we get driven off course in these discussions. Knee jerk or mis-understood.

This is most interesting read. The "MY RIGHTS" responses from a lot of the progressives and snow flakes show just how ill informed they are. When corned as to an explanation they usually have none but if they do it is any where from ridiculous to hilarious.

I tend to agree with Kut on this one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You folk are not reading the KJV that is for sure. Wescot and Hort phoney versions make you slaves whereas Testus Receptus KJV Calls us servants.
    The greatest among you shall be called a servant.

You are arguing the same thing as Rabbi's in this article.
    Well, yeah, this is post 1900, so I'll grab the most accurate and clear English version I can.

I believe you're referring to the Greek word doulas, which has a connotation of some sort of non-voluntary service, AFAIK.

As to that article, all I saw was a Rabbi advocating that Jews lock and load. Did I miss something relevant?

Can't say I've heard of a Christian giving exceptions to God's authority to give and take away life. (i.e. Abraham and Isaac)
    Are you arguing against the death penalty here? R.C. Sproul had a side note in his lectures on covenants about the Abrahamic Covenant (IIRC) and how it's still in force...

I think that's a whole 'nother topic (one we've probably covered).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Its all good but you did come at me in exactly that way as is your way of posting. I read a lot. Its my job.

Come on man. The early Antifa idiocy (Mr bike lock on a chain) was a tenured professor. These people are not all children. Look at the mug shots and the pics. Sure there are "Kids" in the pack but not the majority. Look at the pics of the people preparing for an assault....those are not mainly kids my friend.
    And if you are paying much attention the law is standing down in way to many city's allowing these douche bags free runs.

I have always professed that we have had term limits right in our grasp. The voting booth. Send these idiots packing but time and again the brain dead march into the polls in lock step and pull the party lever or blow it on some independent with zero chances of making a serious run.
    We need to educate the electorate but as many of us can see this is a fools errand.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Scary part is Antifa isn’t just children. The ICE ordeal last week was a 69 (?) year old man. Mentality of a child maybe.

Yeah, that was my point.

Nevertheless, let them take the low road, deal with them using law and order, and hold the high ground.

Communist uprisings on that scale have come and gone in America in the past.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Its all good but you did come at me in exactly that way as is your way of posting. I read a lot. Its my job.

Come on man. The early Antifa idiocy (Mr bike lock on a chain) was a tenured professor. These people are not all children. Look at the mug shots and the pics. Sure there are "Kids" in the pack but not the majority. Look at the pics of the people preparing for an assault....those are not mainly kids my friend.
    And if you are paying much attention the law is standing down in way to many city's allowing these douche bags free runs.

I have always professed that we have had term limits right in our grasp. The voting booth. Send these idiots packing but time and again the brain dead march into the polls in lock step and pull the party lever or blow it on some independent with zero chances of making a serious run.
    We need to educate the electorate but as many of us can see this is a fools errand.

Sorry to jump in here, but I see the statement as a joke.

JK and I both realize that you are not new here and know that some do not read/care what others say. The statement has been used toward me on several occasions when I have tried to get some to answer in kind.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    John Locke was wrong in that statement as many of us have been wrong on many occasions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to jump in here, but I see the statement as a joke.

JK and I both realize that you are not new here and know that some do not read/care what others say. The statement has been used toward me on several occasions when I have tried to get some to answer in kind.

Uh....we have purple you know.

And as I stated it is a no worries thing. But I too will defend my opinions just as you and JKnight will. I have been on this rock for a long long long time. I had friends that carried signs in protest way the heck back in the day. I had very mixed emotions about those times. What we are seeing now is candy dressing. LEO just stands and watches. That gives the idiots free reign to run amok. Nothing like the early days where LEO would wear your butt out and drag you off near unconscious. Fire hoses and tear gas deployed willy-nilly. These snow flakes would never survive.

We have seen troubled times before. But our elected idiots are way out in left field now.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    +10 for spelling amok correctly.

Really, I have great respect for your moderation and most of your opinions 'cept when you disagree with me.

Used Grape juice just in case.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As to that article, all I saw was a Rabbi advocating that Jews lock and load. Did I miss something relevant?

On the gun control side are a number of frequently cited rabbinic principles. Judaism mandates that one avoid unnecessary danger, and some studies show that gun ownership is risky. The Talmud in Avoda Zara prohibits selling weapons to idolaters, prompting one rabbinic authority to extend the ban even to Jewish bandits — a statement readily invoked to justify restricting gun sales to criminals and the mentally ill. Rabbinic groups from all three major Jewish denominations — Orthodox, Conservative and Reform — have all cited Jewish legal precedent in resolutions supporting gun control.Finally, there’s the famous saying of Isaiah, who prophesied a time when nations would beat their swords into plough shares — a vision often said to reflect Judaism’s belief that the ideal society is one devoid of deadly weaponry. This dim view of weapons is cited in a Mishnah that records a disagreement over whether it is permitted to carry weapons on Shabbat. Rabbi Eliezer maintains that they are merely “ornaments,” but his colleagues, citing Isaiah, disagree, saying weapons are “indignities.”
    The Orthodox Rabbinical Council of America, in its 2014 resolution in favor of restricting “American citizens’ easy and unregulated access to weapons,” cited Isaiah in support of its call for avoiding “recreational activities that desensitize participants to killing, weaponry, and violence.”

Excerpt from, https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/hunting-in-judaism/ Jews and Guns Jewish law forbids hunting, and few Jews own firearms.

ETA: You need to read the whole article.

I must be new here.

Top Bottom