• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What temp is your thermostat set to for your A/C?

• Total voters

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I was just curious about what temps INGO has their homes set to during these hot temps. I've always kept mine high, but 78 with ceiling fans is actually pretty comfortable

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ours is set at 76 but we have a unique thermo situation. I live in a tri-level and the thermostat is on the ground level. It "usually" stays around the programmed temp. The partial below-grade level runs much cooler, usually around 68-70. But the upstairs can push 85 in the afternoon/early evening, probably even warmer these days.

My husband said the thermostat was reading 87 actual temp this afternoon. And it still felt like an icebox when we came in from outside. I'd actually up the setting to 78 to save some money, but the upstairs (where the bedrooms are) would be unbearable.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If you maintain 76-78 degrees on a 100 degree day, you have almost done the impossible. Keeping a thermostat at 68 when it is 100 will never cycle, do you also run water on the condensor to keep from overheating the unit? With a slow stream aimed at the side of my condensor, my unit ran nonstop yesterday. Outdoor was 101, indoor was 79, with ceiling fans running. It finally cycled at 10:00pm. Shut off the water at 7:00 when the sun started to set. Also made a shade from the west sun out of pvc pipe and a tarp. I am a retired hvac guy trying to keep it running for a few more weeks of summer.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    mine is set at 67 which keeps the place around 68-69.

It's set this low because my wife has a nerve disorder that is impacted by heat... she literally has to stay inside all day other than to maybe grab the mail in this weather or her lower legs swell and she gets real bad hives....

Even in this weather I wear long pants, thick socks and a hoodie or long sleeved shirt while in my house... I generally wear the same outside too though... Like Jeremy said... my arthritis likes this weather....

Top Bottom