• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What temp is your thermostat set to for your A/C?

• Total voters

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    AC drips thru the ceiling when it runs and makes me feel queazy, so im not running it. Property manager says he is going to fix it any day now.... So like 110 durring the day, and a chilled 85 at night?

Lots of fans though, both ceiling and floor.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Everyone needs to go out and spray out their condenser if they havent already done so. Shut it down, pull the top off and spray out from the inside, clean out the gunk and dirt and it will work better. I have been keeping a hose handy and wetting mine down in the afternoons when I get home to help it cool a little easier.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Everyone needs to go out and spray out their condenser if they havent already done so. Shut it down, pull the top off and spray out from the inside, clean out the gunk and dirt and it will work better. I have been keeping a hose handy and wetting mine down in the afternoons when I get home to help it cool a little easier.

Yeah, I've become buddies with my HVAC guy and he had me do this earlier this summer, he said depending on where you live you may only need to do it once a year but with the open lots behind my house and construction across the street he recommended doing mine a few times per summer.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Working from home today and the mail just came. Inside the mail box was a letter from Duke, introducing me to Power Manager.

Power Manager is a voluntary program that pays you for allowing Duke Energy to cycle off your air conditioner as electricity demand approaches peak levels. We'll simply install a small device near your outdoor AC unit. Then, on certain summer days, we'll send a signal to the devices, which will cycle off your air conditioning for a portion of each half hour.

The secret to all good comedy is timing. :D

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Set @ 71-73 and it's like the energizer bunny but more expensive. It just keeps going and going and going if I don't close a few doors.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    We just replace our upstairs AC on Thursday last week :xmad:. Our old unite went out one week before. Because my wife get really bad Magrin's at night, if the tempture is above 70, we keep the upstairs at 68 and the downstairs at 72. Thanks for the tip on keeping water on the cooling condenser outside:), I will try that during this heat wave.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Programmable stat that varies according to time of day between 74 and 78. Ceiling fans are always on and a few floor fans when needed.

It's pretty much a full time run at this point. Got up around 4 this morning to use the facilities and it was still running. At 6:30 it was off, but kicked back on around 8.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    82°. One (the only) positive thing about such high temps out side is that the AC runs enough to get most of the humidity out of the house. If it were 82° outside, and the AC didn't run, it'd be humid as heck in here.

OK, I'm just making an excuse to be a cheapskate. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I live in an apartment with a POS baseboard heater/AC. It's like the controls in a car. You have high low, and a dial that's half red half blue. I have it on low all the way to the right/blue.

Top Bottom