• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Picked up a used S&W 642 at Plainfield. I feel like I got a heck of a good deal on it. I also bought five boxes of ammo at the second shop we visited in Indy.

All the shops have great folks working there. I was blown away by how courteous and helpful everyone was. My human GPS really knew the places to hit.

I'll edit my post because I forgot to talk about the 9mm I was looking at. They had an LC9 that I got to examine, and I really ended up liking the feel of that gun. It wouldn't have taken much coaxing for me to plunk down the cash for that. I ALMOST asked the guy if he could do anything price wise if I bought both the S&W and the Ruger. Common sense got the best of me and I settled for the one that fit my needs most.

I will say that one of those will be coming home with me at some point unless by some miracle Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm in the next six months.

"human GPS" HA! I've been called worse. :laugh: Again, glad I could help. Maybe one day we'll head out in another direction. I know of a couple toward the west that has good prices/service too.

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    The best place for used guns are the private sale ads on forums. I find a lot of my stuff using riverofguns.com which searches through all of the gun forums at once.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    ingunowners.com :rockwoot:

plus driving to get a gun makes it an adventure worth taking crank up some classic rock roll the windows down and take a road trip just to get a gun

davis4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    I enjoy searching the pawn shops myself. Finding something good at a pawn shop and finding it at the right time with the right price is awesome. I think Bloomington's pawn shops definitely have some good deals here and there.

Last edited:

Kazan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    The best place for used guns are the private sale ads on forums. I find a lot of my stuff using riverofguns.com which searches through all of the gun forums at once.

Great site, also you can try armslist.com, kinda like a craigs list for guns

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    There's a small Shop on 46 on the way to Spencer, just about in front of McCormicks Creek. Never been in there but I think they have at least a few guns. Spencer Bait & Tackle Maybe? Haven't been that way in a whileso just don't remember the name.

This is a nice shop but he does not deal with used guns....said he has been burned too many times. There is also another shop on 46 about a mile before you get to McCormicks Creek. Not sure of the name but they have a sign out front that says "we buy guns." Four Seasons is also a good shop located in Bloomington. I believe it's on Monon Drive. They are open 2:00 - 5:30 M-F. I would also suggest a trip to Cosner's in Bedford.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Picked up a used S&W 642 at Plainfield. I feel like I got a heck of a good deal on it. I also bought five boxes of ammo at the second shop we visited in Indy.

All the shops have great folks working there. I was blown away by how courteous and helpful everyone was. My human GPS really knew the places to hit.

I'll edit my post because I forgot to talk about the 9mm I was looking at. They had an LC9 that I got to examine, and I really ended up liking the feel of that gun. It wouldn't have taken much coaxing for me to plunk down the cash for that. I ALMOST asked the guy if he could do anything price wise if I bought both the S&W and the Ruger. Common sense got the best of me and I settled for the one that fit my needs most.

I will say that one of those will be coming home with me at some point unless by some miracle Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm in the next six months.

ive got the LC9 and love it, great gun and easy to conceal for carry.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    If you get up to the South Bend/Mishawaka area stop in at Midwest Gun Exchange on Grape Road. They have a good selection of used firearms and a very good selection of new firearms.

Top Bottom