Where were you when the Challenger blew up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i was walking through some people living room fixing there furnace.....they asked if i wanted to watch and i said sure.....when it blew the wife said that wasn't suppose to happen was it?....

i said no...

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If you are referring to Pan Am Flight 103 that was in Dec. of 1988. That is the only Lockerbie plane crash I know of. -Jason

Me also. December 21 to be exact. I got up that morning to fly from Brussels back to the US and that was the first thing I heard on the news.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I worked in an appliance store....was pitching a big screen TV to a lady....we watched the launch live on a 50 inch Hitachi rear projection TV set....it was so beautiful...right up to when the shuttle exploded. You could have heard a pin drop in that store. My customer started crying, and we just kind of all sat down and sat there stunned. Then I went home.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Watching it on TV I elementary school. I didn't understand why the teachers were crying. They wouldn't tell us what happened. We may have even went home early that day. Its been a while so I dont remember every detail but I remember the day

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I was a young punk in the insurance related home restoration service. I was putting the final polish on a ridiculous countertop repair, on a pass-thru top, in one of the houses on Graham road north and east of Worthsville/S65. The homeowner had it on his tv and I stopped to watch. My first thoughts went to the teacher who had her class and school all watching. I had seen several interviews with her. I don't remember her name right now, but I have been to their grave in Arlington. I say "grave" that is how I remember it. It may just be a memorial.

10 years later, I found myself in the same house as my brother looked into buying it. My ridiculous repair had remained and it all brought back the memories again, as it does every time I pass that way on 65.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was a young punk in the insurance related home restoration service. I was putting the final polish on a ridiculous countertop repair, on a pass-thru top, in one of the houses on Graham road north and east of Worthsville/S65. The homeowner had it on his tv and I stopped to watch. My first thoughts went to the teacher who had her class and school all watching. I had seen several interviews with her. I don't remember her name right now, but I have been to their grave in Arlington. I say "grave" that is how I remember it. It may just be a memorial.

10 years later, I found myself in the same house as my brother looked into buying it. My ridiculous repair had remained and it all brought back the memories again, as it does every time I pass that way on 65.

christa mcauliffe

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    My Dad worked for NASA for the shuttle program...so I was there at the outside launch watching area. The sound was deafening when it exploded and the entire area went dead silent. What seemed like an eternity the next sound were sirens of officials coming to take the families away, then crying, screaming and panic. I was only 9 but I will never forget it for the rest of the my life.

Top Bottom