• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes prices on good stuff that is sought after is always high. 22 handguns of quality make are something that everyone has enough room is the safe for so they also sell quickly if the price is right. I ran into a older (1970’s) Smith model 41 at the Ohio show for 850 with a second barrel couple mags and the weight set. It had many a years worth of use in it and it showed. Far from mint. I put it down had 750 in cash found my father to hit him up for the extra 100 until I could hit a bank machine got the extra went back to the table within maybe 15-20 minutes and of course it was gone. Even with the thousands of rounds it had been put downtange that was easy a 1k pistol with the extra’s box and mags. I figured the number of people other than myself who would pay 850 for a 22 pistol was limited. I was wrong.

I am in madison county off I-69 with a range or the farm a short drive away. Hit me with a PM and you can shoot a few of mine while you weed out yours. Spring is just around the corner.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The 6 shots look elegant.
    Do not care for the 10 shot models.

I felt the same way until I picked up this 17-8 and sent it in to Smith and Wesson and had them replace the aluminum cylinder with a stainless steel one...I kind of love it now...Not mine but mine is the same except for the grips...A pain to carry but a joy to shoot....

rimg.php

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I bought my son a S&W 22A. Here is a review of one. They stopped making them a few years back but used models in good condition can be found in the mid $200 market. I have a GSG 1911/22, (Same as your Sig) and the 22A is a better shooter imho.

But, my favorite by far is my 4" Ruger Single Six. It is "An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age."

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I had a 4" S&W 617 with the six shot cylinder & it was without a doubt one of the best revolvers I've ever shot or had..
    Came with Square butt combat grips too.. What a beauty..
    Kick myself whenever I think about it but selling all my gear was how I saved my home & ate for almost two years..

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yup. I would spend some time finding a nice used MK II bull barrel before I would even consider one of the newer Rugers. Too many worthless parts (like the loaded chamber indicator and the magazine disco). I have 3 MK IIs that are 35 years old and still run 100%. One of them used to shoot at least a brick per week for many years. I will never sell them. But there's tons of them out there in the marketplace.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The scope mount and scope came off when I got the browning silly wet pistol. The browning works much better with the scope and the ruger looks much better as open sighted pistol.

Top Bottom