• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    I just went with the Colt/Walther Gold Cup Trophy 1911 22lr. Also considered the Sig/GSG 1911, The M&P22, Ruger 22/45, & SR22. Pretty much in that order as I made my decision. Wanted an all metal gun. Would of been happy with any of them. I've shot them all except the Sig. Chose the Colt Walther over the Sig GSG just by gut, and it had a 12 round mag. But I did like the Sig too. Took me forever to decide.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Another vote for the Ruger SR22. I bought one about a year ago and man its a great little gun. As others have said already it eats everything and not a problem cleaning. I just started teaching my daughters to shoot and they both love the gun also!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    MkII or MkIII

I've owned Colt, Browning, Beretta, GSG, Sig, S&W, Walther, and Ruger .22 pistols, 19 different ones at last count. The MKii and MKiii were the only ones I didn't eventually sell.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    There is a member on here that is selling a M&P22 that I think looks great. A lot of the other M&P's I have looked at look kind of plain, but something about this one catches my eye. Now here I am trying to figure out how I can work out buying the M&P, the SR22, and the MkII...what have you all done to me?!

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I imagine you have already made you choice by now, but here is my :twocents:. I would go with the Mark lll, I have one and it has never jammed. I hit bullseye often at 25 yards, its not scoped. I love it. Eats everything.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I imagine you have already made you choice by now, but here is my :twocents:. I would go with the Mark lll, I have one and it has never jammed. I hit bullseye often at 25 yards, its not scoped. I love it. Eats everything.

Other members have said that the Mark III and Mark II are the same gun, but the Mark III has more safety features. That being said, wouldn't it be better to get the Mark II, since I would be saving around $200? That's a lot of ammo....assuming I can find any.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have a vintage 1976 Ruger Mark I that has been in my family since it was new. It was my wife's grandfathers and whenever family was visiting his farm the guys would often end up shooting into a steep sand bank next to the house. There's no way to tell how many rounds that gun has fired over the years and it's still in great shape, and still runs without a hiccup.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Other members have said that the Mark III and Mark II are the same gun, but the Mark III has more safety features. That being said, wouldn't it be better to get the Mark II, since I would be saving around $200? That's a lot of ammo....assuming I can find any.

Good luck finding a nice used Mark II for less than than a new Mark III

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Good luck finding a nice used Mark II for less than than a new Mark III

Clearly you didn't read the beginning...haha my dad has one that probably has 100rounds through it, and he never uses it. I'm going to see if I can't take it from him for $150, which is significantly less than a new Mark III...

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I asked my dad about the Mark II, and while he said he didn't want to sell it, he said I could use it while I was searching for my own. That being said, I have decided to choose between the Mark III, M&P22 and the SR22.

Also, I found some .22LR CCI's, but in standard velocity. Will that still cycle through the Mark II as flawless as the rest? It is priced very cheap, and I wouldn't want to miss out if it works.

Last edited:

TopGun_23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    I really enjoy shooting the the Ruger Mark III. And it's my favorite .22 to shoot! And I have never had any problems with it, except it is very tough to take apart.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hold out for a nice used mark II. Use your dads until you find one.

personally, I refused to buy a mkIII due to the lawyer safeties they put on them, and just went through the same thing you are. I ended up waiting about 2 months for the right deal to pop up. Keep your eye on the classifieds here and on armslist. If they seem overpriced, call the people up and talk to them.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Hold out for a nice used mark II.

I waited for years and got this for well under $300 from INGO;

DII_8881pw_zps8fe199c3.jpg

;)

Nice compliment to;

DII_6893Pw_zpseed8572f.jpg

:):

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Is the Mark II a good gun to learn how to disassemble/clean? I want to learn as much as possible with my first gun, so that way I will be prepared for my next one!

Top Bottom