Which firearms are you thinking about buying in 2020?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    Very nice. I really wanted a colored upper, but all they have in stock is black. And all they can order is gold or purple. I’ve been doing a lot of research and seems like the Ruger is a lot of gun for the money. Especially with the easier disassembly on the MK Iv. Hoping my .22 suppressor stamp will arrive in a couple weeks and need a host for it. Going to have to look into those grips. They look very ergonomic.

I have a Venom on my Glock 17 and love it. Thinking about getting one for the Ruger also.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    What kind of mount do you have for the red dot? I have a Venom I want to mount on my MKII.

http://maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/parts-for-rugerreg-mkiii--mkiv-2245trade--2245-litereg.html

MADD MACS

It really helped me find the dot getting the sight lower. I mounted the venom on the original rail first. I had trouble finding the dot and it started coming loose after one match.

I cleaned the receiver and new mount with alcohol. Then applied Ultra Grey before mounting and no issues since. I learned about ultra grey working on Gas powered RC plane engines. Mufflers are notorious about vibrating off. With the ultra grey the bolts could vibrate out and the muffler stay in place. It’s made for high vibration and resistant to oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    Very nice. I really wanted a colored upper, but all they have in stock is black. And all they can order is gold or purple. I’ve been doing a lot of research and seems like the Ruger is a lot of gun for the money. Especially with the easier disassembly on the MK Iv. Hoping my .22 suppressor stamp will arrive in a couple weeks and need a host for it. Going to have to look into those grips. They look very ergonomic.

I have a Venom on my Glock 17 and love it. Thinking about getting one for the Ruger also.

I would agree with the Ruger being a lot of gun for the money. I had considered setting up a S&W 41. I would pay more for a barrel for steel challenge than I could get the whole mk IV for.

Cool thing with the MK IV is you can get it and shoot it right out of the box. It ran great straight out of the box. Then upgrade later as you like. The grips are very nice. I like that it increased the overall size of the grip.

The TK Trigger, volquartsen fire control kit, and Volquartsen bolt were very nice upgrades. I was really surprised how much the bolt slicked up the gun. It seems to run much smoother now. I didn’t know it would make such a difference in the way the gun feels.

Comp doesn’t do much except make the gun easier to pick up on the timer

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Parts for Ruger® MKIII & MKIV 22/45? & 22/45 LITE® - MaddMacs Precision Tactical

MADD MACS

It really helped me find the dot getting the sight lower. I mounted the venom on the original rail first. I had trouble finding the dot and it started coming loose after one match.

I cleaned the receiver and new mount with alcohol. Then applied Ultra Grey before mounting and no issues since. I learned about ultra grey working on Gas powered RC plane engines. Mufflers are notorious about vibrating off. With the ultra grey the bolts could vibrate out and the muffler stay in place. It’s made for high vibration and resistant to oil.

Thanks! I'll check my barrel to be sure I have the screw holes to accept this.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They make a dovetail mount if not.

Yeah, I have no screw holes tapped in my barrel. The MaddMacs DT mount still requires a screw. I think I'm going to look at the EGW one. I don't usually go the low price route because, you know, you get what you pay for but for over $40 in savings and being on a .22 I think I'll give it a shot. It may not be as secure without the extra screw but I don't want to get into drilling and tapping a hole at this point.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Would love to to get the p365 SAS. The new sight really does make it. I was looking forward to the Glock 44 but have heard of a couple people already breaking extractors? Not sure how common of a problem it is yet. Might wait to hear more.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I read the slide is a “hybrid metal” to keep weight down and cycle the rimfire rounds. Then heard it’s closer to a plastic. Anyone know what it is exactly?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it’s made out of “perfection”. Maybe they got a bad batch? :dunno:

Seriously though, their website says hybrid steel-polymer. So yeah. Plastic.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I read the slide is a “hybrid metal” to keep weight down and cycle the rimfire rounds. Then heard it’s closer to a plastic. Anyone know what it is exactly?

It’s polymer with a steel skeleton.

There have been a few issues (2 cracked slides and an OOB). Mags and ammo pickiness seem to be a hit or miss. Some have a ton of problems, others aren’t.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Nothing major. Not seeing much that really gets the juices to flowing. May add a 22 and 9 pistol if I can find something I really like. Long guns about the same. A fairly inexpensive 9mm PCC range toy is about it, along with another T1x depending on if Tikka comes out with any new variations.
    Been concentrating mostly on improving what I've got. Got my Wraith on the way finally, may upgrade a couple other optics. Thinking abut adding a non 5.56 upper to one of my ARs. Also thinking about a 22 suppressor, been doing a (very) little research on a Form 1 homebrew. Otherwise just going to add some new types of 22 and higher grade 223 to the fort and some non AR mags to the citadel.

Edited to add: May actually downsize a bit. Got a shotgun, a couple of 22s, and a couple of pistols I don't shoot that I could probably get rid of to free up some space and $. If AR prices go crazy before the election there's a couple of lower end rifles that may end up going elsewhere also.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I planned to get the Glock 44 when I read about it and watched reviews, but was going to wait for a bit.
    Didn't work out like that: I have 810 rounds through it so far & can't figure out why I like it so much.
    I am a sucker for a good .22LR, and with the name Glock on it: I had to go for it.
    If CZ put out a dedicated .22LR pistol, I'd be all over that.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It’s polymer with a steel skeleton.

There have been a few issues (2 cracked slides and an OOB). Mags and ammo pickiness seem to be a hit or miss. Some have a ton of problems, others aren’t.

It seems like a similar situation with the p365 when it first released. I know some guys couldn’t get the gun to work at all and others saying it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Time will tell. Thanks!

Top Bottom