Which is More Deadly; An Automatic Weapon or A Fully Automatic Weapon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which is More Deadly; An Automatic Weapon or A Fully Automatic Weapon?

• Total voters

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Fun historical note: "Automatic" originally just referred to self loading, more literally self-readying from an internal ammunition source. The "A" in .45 ACP stands for "Automatic", as in Automatic Colt Pistol. This was to differentiate from repeating. "Repeating" meant it could be manually readied to fire again from an internal store (as in cocking a lever action cocks the hammer and presents a new cartridge until they are expended). "Semi-automatic" didn't enter the common lexicon for decades afterward, so calling a self loading pistol or rifle "automatic" isn't actually wrong as much as it's archaic.
    Very informative…
    FD57B53E-D902-4021-9157-901DB306D583.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Boy I don't know what got up your crawl, but if you're going to chastise me, do so to some of the others that replied to the same extent. or at least put it in purple.
    It was not intended to chastise you. Sorry. The emoji also didn't stay I had behind it.

The intent was to just poke fun at you. Sincerely sorry it didn't come across as I intended.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was not intended to chastise you. Sorry. The emoji also didn't stay I had behind it.

The intent was to just poke fun at you. Sincerely sorry it didn't come across as I intended.
    No problem, I've been wound up tighter than a cheap clock lately, surprised my spring has not broke.:runaway:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

What in the trailer park hell is that?

20ead60d3955fdad38397d7905a199e5.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fun historical note: "Automatic" originally just referred to self loading, more literally self-readying from an internal ammunition source. The "A" in .45 ACP stands for "Automatic", as in Automatic Colt Pistol. This was to differentiate from repeating. "Repeating" meant it could be manually readied to fire again from an internal store (as in cocking a lever action cocks the hammer and presents a new cartridge until they are expended). "Semi-automatic" didn't enter the common lexicon for decades afterward, so calling a self loading pistol or rifle "automatic" isn't actually wrong as much as it's archaic.

Yup.
    I remember referring to "revolvers" and "autos".
    Read a news article from the 30's.
    When they refer to the 1911, they well refer to it an an "auto".

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Heh... he said cocking.

Top Bottom