Which Revolver do you enjoy Shooting the Most?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    681 No Dash..

:draw:I have from the "J" frame through the "N" frame in S&W revolvers, and a Ruger SRH .44-9 1/2".
    My favorite all around carry, in the woods+on the streets is my old S&W 681. Smooth+streamline top strap(NO adjustable sights) great action, shoots to the point of aim with 150-160gr. bullets, and the more it's carried, the better it looks--You Know--those rough holsters, that polish off the blue on your pretty M19's,M27's,and M29's--those holsters just make my Old Stainless Beater really shine..:thumbsup: Bill.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    One of these.

1rxgjt.jpg

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Colt Python! I can't believe 7 pages and the only other mention of this masterpiece is the gentleman who has a "Smolt" and a "Couger" (Nice toys to be sure). The Smith force is Strong on INGO! Python = Beautiful action, superb fit and finish, classic design.

Close 2nd place for pure fun is a little Ruger 45LC Vaqureo birdshead 3 3/4". Full house loads out of it always make me smile, with the resulting muzzle blast and cylinder flare.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger

This is the other gun I think I enjoy shooting the most! :D

This is a Ruger GP100, 4", Full-Lug, Fixed-Sight, .357mag revolver from Ruger! I installed the XS Sights, Tritium front night sight and it's 'dead-on' shooting with this toy! It chews up 158 grain, XTP/JHP's from Hornady!

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Mk. IV Webley.
    Honestly, I don't know why. The ergonomics are horrible, since the grips have to accommodate the safety the Singapore cops just had to have. The ammo is hard to find and pricy. The sights are some of the worst I've ever seen on a revolver. And it's still very fun to shoot...

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Colt Python! I can't believe 7 pages and the only other mention of this masterpiece is the gentleman who has a "Smolt" and a "Couger" (Nice toys to be sure). The Smith force is Strong on INGO! Python = Beautiful action, superb fit and finish, classic design.

I don't think you are going to get an argument about the Colt Python, I've owned one and would give anything to have it back, but with the going price well in excess of $1000, they become more of a collector gun than a shooter. Most of the younger shooters will never get an opportunity to own or shoot one of these "masterpieces", I bought mine for $175, shot it for a couple of years and traded it for a Colt combat commander. S&W 686 is readily available and affordable, therefore that is what the people will buy and love.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Smith Model 27; I had a snake for many years and put thousands of rounds through it, in the end I just don't like the trigger as well as the Smith's so I got rid of it several years back.

Gibson90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    If you like the Ruger GP100 4" for accuracy you should really shoot the 6". That is my favorite so far.

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    Absolute all time favorite? 6" Colt .38 Diamondback. Nothing else is close. Including the oft praised Python. I will however note that in my opinion, this is from the absolute joy of shooting. A 6" revolver would not be my first choice for a carry gun. I will often carry a .38 Colt Detective Special just because I love how the D frames work, but for peace of mind...see below

Second best... 3" Model 19 S&W. My particular gun is the Performance Center K-Comp, but in general any Model 19 is a excellent example of what a carry revolver should be.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    My favorite revolver to shoot is my S&W 327 R8. I get one firearm a year that serves no true purpose other than being fun. The R8 fits that role perfectly.

I do enjoy shooting my 460 and a couple other 357 mag revolvers but the R8 is the most fun.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    My favorite used to be my dad's S&W Highway Patrolman with 6" bbl. Itis what I learned on as a child.

Second was his Super Six .22.

Currently it is my 1851 Navy. Sits low in the hand, very little recoil, extremely comfortable, and accurate. Points just like your finger.

Cheap as all get out on ammo, and I can load it any way I want, balls, shot, conicals, whatever I need at the time.

Only drawback is as Steve Earle sang ... "Shoots as fast as lightening, but she loads a mite slow".

But still my favorite!

Top Bottom