• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I bought a brand new keltec PF9, fired 2 boxes of ammo through it, 50 rounds each of 2 differant brands, 100 shots later it had not had a single malfunction. Im happy, although it is hard to shoot accurate, very light and double action trigger.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I carry an LCP, and it has been reliable and accurate since the day I brought it home. My wife has a S&W Bodyguard 380 that she loves, and it has been equally reliable and accurate as well. I have not shot the Kel-Tec P-3AT, though with my experience with the PF-9, I would imagine that it would be just as good as the other choices, though maybe not quite as "polished" in appearance.
    The only pocket 380 from a reputable manufacture I dont like would be the Sig P238, not because anything I have seen about reliability, but because the thought of a pocket pistol with a light single action trigger makes me a little nervous. One could always carry it in condition three, but that seems a little counter-productive to the purpose of a self defense weapon in my opinion.

MJ45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    I have a sig p238 and love it. I have had 1 stovepipe out of 100 rounds fired but other than that accurate and reliable. I dont really see how a 1911 style single action carried condition one is any less safe than a double action with no safety carried in the pocket.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    With so many pocket .380 out there which one is the most reliable Looking to purchase one no idea which one yet thanks

I have both the 380 Ruger and the Kel Tec (actually have 2 of the Kel Tecs). I see both of them as being very reliable and interchangeable in terms of functionality. The Ruger is a little prettier. The Kel Tec costs a few bucks less. Both go bang every time the trigger is pulled.

At last Sunday's NWI INGO Meet & Shoot both of them were sitting on the table for anyone to try. Most people seemed to favor the Ruger over the Kel Tec based on looks alone.

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    I bought a brand new keltec PF9, fired 2 boxes of ammo through it, 50 rounds each of 2 differant brands, 100 shots later it had not had a single malfunction. Im happy, although it is hard to shoot accurate, very light and double action trigger.

PF-9 is a 9mm not 380. He's asking about a 380.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The LCP will probably get the most votes and probably has more places carrying all the extras you'd want for it like extra mags and such.

My father-in-law carries his LCP with Crimson Trace everywhere he goes and practices with it constantly. That little gun probably has well over 500 rounds through it and I've shot my share from it. Good little guns, I'd have no problem whatsoever in going with the Ruger over the others.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have a Kel Tec P3AT It is very reliable, I've shot a couple hundred various rounds through mine . Never a misfire or jam. It's not very fun to shoot but it serves its purpose. I carry it with PXD1s and I always have it with me.
    It's my understanding that the P3AT and LCP are basically clones, some parts are interchangeable. The Kel-Tec has a lifetime warranty.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My favorite is the LCP. Rugged, reliable, accurate.

I carry it everyone as a backup and sometimes as a primary.

Lots of good stuff out there in that category though.... GOOD LUCK!

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    If you like the idea of an integrated laser (which I don't) look at the S&W Bodyguard. It seems pretty well made. The LCP and the P3AT are also great. I've owned a P3AT for some years and never had any kind of problem with it. A totally reliable gun. I have not tried the LCP clone myself, but it surely looks better than the P3AT. Maybe its overall quality is also a little bit better?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have a sig p238 and love it. I have had 1 stovepipe out of 100 rounds fired but other than that accurate and reliable. I dont really see how a 1911 style single action carried condition one is any less safe than a double action with no safety carried in the pocket.

Its not so much that I dont like the pistol, but I dont make it a habit to toss my 1911 in my pocket to run to the grocery store, I carry it in a good holster. Single action triggers are light, and safeties get bumped. Double action triggers are a bit less touchy, and take alot more movement to make a gun go bang. Nit to say its impossible for an AD with double action carried in a pocket, but probably not as likely. :twocents:

nosybobby52

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    i use to have a bereta, it was a sweet machine, one of best buddies now has one, just pick a model that suits your needs and it will perform every time;and don't let anybody tell you 380 isn't big enough.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a Sig p238 and a Bersa Thunder .380. I love them both. The Sig is much more concealable. Both have safeties which I require in a handgun. Both have been trouble free and very reliable.

Top Bottom