• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Svenska124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2020
    Scottsburg
    I like any quality bourbon. I drinks Makers Mark and Woodford mostly but straight or on the rocks, I love Basil Haydens and a new one I've discovered, Angel's Envy.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...and a Jefferson's Reserve Very Old, Very Small Batch...

I am a big fan of Jefferson's Reserve. Then I got a private label bottle of their Aged at Sea from City Wide Liquor in South Bend. It's even better. Browsing through a Total Wine store in Kalifornia last week I found this...

iGkUAbQl.jpg

It's pretty freakin great. My son in law bought a bottle of it that was a collaboration with some famous chef I'd never heard of. It was also great.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Bulliet 10 year is very good. I just finished my bottle and need another. I also like Woodford, Bookers, Basil Hayden, woodford Double Oak, four roses, Buffalo trace

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Baker's 7 is interesting , especially if you like congac. Has a bit of congac nose and even more taste. Just remember that congac is usually 80 proof. Baker's is 107.

MH

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    I like whisky from Ireland and Scotland the best. Especially the Scotch from the island of Islay. They dry the barley over peat fires/smoke. It makes the most heavenly tasting beverage I've ever passed between my lips.

C.

Im a bourbon drinker who's ready to expand into Scotch/Irish. From all that Ive read Islay is likely where Ill begin.

Recommend anything in particular?

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Bulliet 10 year is very good. I just finished my bottle and need another. I also like Woodford, Bookers, Basil Hayden, woodford Double Oak, four roses, Buffalo trace

Buffalo Trace makes itself into my rotation regularly - Ive been told I oughtta try more from their line up. I have a bottle of Bulleit rye Ill likely open tonight after climbing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Baker's 7 is interesting , especially if you like congac. Has a bit of congac nose and even more taste. Just remember that congac is usually 80 proof. Baker's is 107.

MH
    The new bakers 107 is awesome. New bottle design but Its now a single barrel. The only place I've seen the new bottle was at Big Red.
    I cant remember now if its $59 or $69. Well worth it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Usually I prefer rum ( sailor Jerry's or Kraken usually) or tequila( top shelf 100% agave not rot gut crap). But if I'm in a whiskey mood it's Jameson first and all other second. Everything is drank neat.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Im a bourbon drinker who's ready to expand into Scotch/Irish. From all that Ive read Islay is likely where Ill begin...

Good luck.

I've tried going down that road. Smokey, peaty, filtered through a dirty wool sock just didn't do it for me.:laugh:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Drank some Iraq bootleg stuff one time called “American Beauty” had a half nude blonde chick on the label!

Yea it hurt the next day.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The only rye I've had that I really enjoyed was the Whistlepig Farm Stock with the blue label. The red label one, I didn't care for but my son loves it.

Tried Bulleit or Dickel rye? Both are pretty good.

Jack Daniels rye is also pretty good. I prefer it to the regular #7.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    Ehhh, they taste like they've been aged in old used up bourbon barrels...

I'm a Maker's Mark Ambassador, and at one of their tasting events their master distiller said that in fact that is how most of the bourbon distilleries dispose of their once-used barrels. The bourbon distilleries will only use a charred oak barrel once for aging, and then they sell/give them to the scotch distilleries, who might use them several times. That's why bourbon is always darker than Scotch.

Top Bottom