• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    white lettering on glock - Tell me if you like it or not.
    This was done with white nail color/polish and nail polish remover (either acetone or non-acetone kind... depending on finish. Acetone is much stronger, but could damage finish. The Glock tenifer finish seems to be impervious) to clean the area around it. I did the clip too. (EDIT: magazine... not clip Come on, you know what I mean)
    1) Prep area by wiping it
    2) Wipe on/fill in the letters with nail polish
    3) Don't let it sit too long ~ 30 sec.
    4) Wipe with nail polish remover on cottonball
    (repeat if necessary to fill it in darker & bolder)
    DSC01353.jpg

This is my Glock 27 wearing a Crimson Trace laserguard. Notice the WHITE lettering filled in on slide and magazine. Opinions??

Last edited:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    white lettering on glock - Tell me if you like it or not.
    This was done with white nail color/polish and nail polish remover (either acetone or non-acetone kind... depending on finish. Acetone is much stronger, but could damage finish. The Glock tenifer finish seems to be impervious) to clean the area around it. I did the clip too.
    1) Prep area by wiping it
    2) Wipe on/fill in the letters with nail polish
    3) Don't let it sit too long ~ 30 sec.
    4) Wipe with nail polish remover on cottonball
    (repeat if necessary to fill it in darker & bolder)
    DSC01353.jpg

This is my Glock 27 wearing a Crimson Trace laserguard. Notice the WHITE lettering filled in on slide and magazine. Opinions??

I like it a lot, it adds a nice touch of class. I've been thinking about techniques for doing this recently. How many times did you add the nail polish and how many times did you remove the excess?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    @Plinkuh - I did this one twice, and let it sit for a day in between. The second time didn't really add much 'pop' to it, but it certainly didn't hurt either. I really like the lettering on the mag. Thanks for the comments.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I used come $3 CVS nail polish in white. Called Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme wear. And I used CVS acetone polish remover, also about $3. You can also use Testers model car paint. I tried the non-acetone remover, but it didn't seem to clean the general area as well and left a little 'haze'. By the way, in order to retain my "man card", I had to reassure myself that this was for a manly purpose as I was buying it.
    I recommend using bright colors (white, yellow, green, etc). A friend tried blue on his XDM .45 and it didn't show up very well at all.

Post pics if you do it.

P.S. Youtube has a few videos of this, some are good, some aren't. I tried the crayon method, and it didn't work. You could also use a grease marker/grease pen, and that seems to work well if you don't want to do the nail polish method.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I used come $3 CVS nail polish in white. Called Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme wear. And I used CVS acetone polish remover, also about $3. You can also use Testers model car paint. I tried the non-acetone remover, but it didn't seem to clean the general area as well and left a little 'haze'. By the way, in order to retain my "man card", I had to reassure myself that this was for a manly purpose as I was buying it.
    I recommend using bright colors (white, yellow, green, etc). A friend tried blue on his XDM .45 and it didn't show up very well at all.

Post pics if you do it.

P.S. Youtube has a few videos of this, some are good, some aren't. I tried the crayon method, and it didn't work. You could also use a grease marker/grease pen, and that seems to work well if you don't want to do the nail polish method.

Hell, if the finish holds up, why not use the nail polish? I don't feel like the crayon or grease method would turn out very well in the end. I might try a green that matches the "tritium" color of my night sights. I don't know, that may be too over-the-top.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Did you take your time with each letter or portion? I mean, did you try and fill in the lines, or just sorta smear it on?

Take the time to fill in each letter, make sure the paint/polish gets down as much as possible in the grooves. It really only should take about 10 seconds max to fill in the GLOCK logo, maybe another 10 sec. max for the model number and same thing for the caliber.

Top Bottom