• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If bowties are linked to white privilege, this world just got WAY more confusing for me.

1) I don't think I own any bowties.

2) At least 75% of the men I've seen wear bowties in the last several years are black.

That just ruins my world view. Does that mean black men are part of the patriarchy in the 21st century?

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    This white privilege, how does this work? Do you sign up for it, or does it kick in at a certain age? I wanna drive something nice, like one of those NEW Civics!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This white privilege, how does this work? Do you sign up for it, or does it kick in at a certain age? I wanna drive something nice, like one of those NEW Civics!

Presumably there are societal privileges in the white-dominated West that white people have access to that non-whites do not. For example having better access to education, employment, housing. There is some truth to that. If you're the majority race in a society where race still matters to that majority, you benefit from the privilege of being the majority. One subtle privilege is the majority not needing to consider discrimination on the basis of race, as much as the minority races might. But the left has taken this to the level of being a perpetual, self-exacerbating problem.

Earlier in the civil rights movement the emphasis was on evolving people's attitudes about race, to care more about the content of people's character than about their race. If race is irrelevant, then whatever societal privileges based on race there are, disappear. But then leave it to the left to **** that up and invent "critical race theory". So now race matters again, except this time it's the majority race that is viewed as "bad", and it's all their fault when any inequalities exist between races.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If bowties are linked to white privilege, this world just got WAY more confusing for me.

1) I don't think I own any bowties.

2) At least 75% of the men I've seen wear bowties in the last several years are black.

I've seen bowties on white shirts, I've seen bowties on black shirts...I don't wear bowties, I'm not that privileged.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

There are no tracks on the NEW Civics.

And what's up with Honda's naming convention anyway...I've heard there's a Prelude to a New Civic Accord coming and all that Jazz, it will be Legend...it's coming over the Ridgeline now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are no tracks on the NEW Civics.

And what's up with Honda's naming convention anyway...I've heard there's a Prelude to a New Civic Accord coming and all that Jazz, it will be Legend...it's coming over the Ridgeline now.

The new Ridgelines look very, um, feminine. It may as well come with a string.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I could list the internal combustion engines residing in my garage that are needful things...but it would not lead to privilege...it only makes me a slave to the machines.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could list the internal combustion engines residing in my garage that are needful things...but it would not lead to privilege...it only makes me a slave to the machines.

This is obviously an artifact of the matriarchal toxic female power hierarchy that serves to enslave men by confining them to the garage. The bow tie is but a symbol of that. Ironic that one car manufacturer openly displays that symbol of oppression.

Or. Could just be that we tend to enjoy pittering around in the garage.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You need to get down to Kentucky more....:)

blogger-image-11234610.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I do enjoy the privilege of living in the United States. Some politicians do want to keep race an issue because that helps them. They tell people there is a problem with race and that they can help fix the problem if you vote for them. I have met people who do seem racist, but it's rare. Probably about the same number as those (personally that I know) who think that we didn't actually go to the moon (not many).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It depends. Some people can pull off the bow-tie look. Some can't.

I own eight... or more?

That just ruins my world view. Does that mean black men are part of the patriarchy in the 21st century?

At least when it comes to fashion. How many black men do you see in cargo shorts? :dunno:

But seriously, I understand the concept of white privilege, and believe there is some truth to it, but the name is absolutely horrible. The immediate counter is to say, "look, I am not privileged, therefore there is no white privilege and every attribute of the concept of white privilege doesn't exist."

I wish I knew a better name.

Oh, and make way for black privilege, you know, the ability to walk onto a liberal college campus and be respected - white men don't get that anymore.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I think most people don't get respect. Most people are too focused on themselves to consider other people. When you do see someone be polite it is a breathe of fresh air.

Top Bottom