• vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    vitamink,

If you want another source for militaria / mounts / replicas / etc, get in touch with the Ropkey Armor Museum in Darlington, IN.

Ropkey Armor Museum

They have dozens of vehicles - all outfitted with fantastic replica small arms. They had to get them from somewhere!

-J-

I honestly think that place is what kicked my hummer search into high gear. As Franky said, we set up a private viewing of the place in advance. There was like 25 of us or so. It was really neat. The guy that is his best friend and mechanic was so full of info i just followed him around all day asking questions.

Good source. A friend of mine also drives an H1 (civilian version), and volunteers out there. PM me if you want contact info. He has done tons of upgrades to his H1, and can clue you in on the weak points.

That would be stellar! I need to stock up on parts that routinely fail, it'd be good to know what those are. I'll send you a PM immediately and thank you very much. Side note, I met a guy that works for Banks (the turbo diesel people) and he said they came out with a turbo/air/exhaust combo that almost doubles the horsepower and adds at least 1 MPG. He said you can smoke the tires on a standard Hmmwv from a rolling stop. This is the closest approximation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAPa0xWbvZs[/ame]

He and I went there earlier this year. The father of a coworker is a personal friend of Mr. Ropkey and we got a personalized tour and even got to shoot guns on the property.

Bunch of Ar's and a few PM9's it was a blast so to speak.

Vitamink
    If fake cans are for strippers, fake guns must be for posers. Someone of your caliber should insist on the real thing. If you were settling for an H3, by all means put a fake gun on it, but your discerning taste will not allow you to settle. You have a real FIERO, and a real HMMV

Central Wisconsin Armory Central Wisconsin Armory: Home of the Dragon M50

Insist:biggun:

Oh rest assured i have insisted. I put SSNFA on the case. They're looking for one for me, even though i can only afford a semi auto...barely. I'm at a loss as to where i could shoot it or even if i could afford to at 150-350 a round. It is on the menu though. Until i get the real deal i'll settle for the "fake cans" as you put it. Besides strippers and fieros go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Who doesn't like fake cans?

I'm jealous...

My mom & step dad are decent friends with the Mr. & Mrs... But I've yet to get in on any "special treatment". Difficult for me to get over there - and they're generally busy when I AM over that way.

The issue is you have to set it up in advance and it helps if you have a group. The fact that we have a trusted friend of his in the group made the tour set up easier. I'm sure it would be the same for you if you gathered enough people and set it up in advance. I went there when i was in boy scouts with my dad (they were also friends). It was at another location at the time. I remember there was a lake with an apollo rocket in the middle. Probably one of my fondest father/son memories.

It definitely helps to know the right people.

That's the truth.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So here's todays update.

The axels have been rebuilt with new seals. The body is off the frame and it is getting stripped, sanded and recoated. My new wheels and tires have arrived and they look good although dusty.

picture.php

Lots of bolts in those beadlocks
    picture.php

My guy asked if i wanted the entire thing green or paint the light buckets, and underneath the body black. He thinks it would look better that way and I agree.

picture.php

The project is moving along swimmingly.

A big thank you to those who led me to the other sites for more info and sourcing parts. I met a man that is into hummers as much as I. I didn't even find him in a truck stop bathroom! Anyways, he helped me find the pintle mount for my gun hatch and sent me pictures of his. Hugh Heffner liked it so much he was invited to the playboy mansion. The picture is in my "pictures" section as i don't want to offend anyone. If you want to see it, go there.

What looks to be a minigun up top is actually an airsoft replica...Neat.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Just drive around Indy doing 2x the speed limit everywhere you go, and eventually you will run into him.

OR if that doesn't work, do the same thing, while shooting a gun in the air, and you will definitely run into him then! Its kinda like a secret handshake for him.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just drive around Indy doing 2x the speed limit everywhere you go, and eventually you will run into him.

OR if that doesn't work, do the same thing, while shooting a gun in the air, and you will definitely run into him then! Its kinda like a secret handshake for him.

You obviously don't know him very well. Unless you mean that he will drive fast and shoot guns with you.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    still think you should have got a Тигр. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-HhpvcwAA

Clay, if you can drive me to the local turnip dealer (or whatever the hell it's called) i'll buy one. We'll then go pick up Frank, drive around Indy really fast and shoot guns together. Indyguy if you look anything like your picture then we are totally gonna kick it! Grab a gun, we're stopping by your house next.

If you go on ebay there are a few Russian vehicles for sale. One is a radio truck that looks almost as if Rubber maid made a rhinoceros, cut it's legs off, and gave it wheels.

great now i can't find it... I look like a liar. It was similar to this only "lumpier"
    norton.jpg

FYI the vehicle updates are gonna come slower now that the snow and cold are here. I don't expect another update until the end of January. I decided to show the journey from beginning to end as it's sort of like a bob ross painting where at the beginning you're like, "man that looks like ****" to being completely amazed, and willing to offer bobby a handyjammer for his awesome work.

Still looking for a Sincgars radio and a An/Vic3 vehicle intercom system. If you know someone with one hook a brother up. I have a line on the bose headsets but i'll need 2 more.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Indyguy if you look anything like your picture then we are totally gonna kick it! Grab a gun, we're stopping by your house next.

Clay, churchmouse, esrice, theweakerbrother, IndyTechNerd, MontereyC6, and others can tell you that I look exactly like my avatar picture. Only even better looking than that suave little boy - if you can imagine that.

I should also tell you that my mother-in-law owns TWO Fieros. One red and one white. :rockwoot:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Clay, churchmouse, esrice, theweakerbrother, IndyTechNerd, MontereyC6, and others can tell you that I look exactly like my avatar picture. Only even better looking than that suave little boy - if you can imagine that.

I should also tell you that my mother-in-law owns TWO Fieros. One red and one white. :rockwoot:

Our younger pictures look very similar. Two grindcore bands from indy, Curb and Merrick, used my likeness for their split cd. It was a picture of me in a blue denim butterfly collared leisure suit. Imagine a 1970's vegas pimp that's only 4 years old...and you'd be close.

I would like to meet your mother in law but the laws of physics prevent it. If i drove my Fiero we'd have 3 Fieros in less than a 1 block radius. I can't remember the equation, but that much awesome in the same general area is likely to throw the earth off it's rotation. Give her a high five for me. I bet she is attractive and well groomed.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    this fat guy will operate the gun....or drive....whatever is appropriate lmao

this is awesome....way better than a jeep

congrats

I think Newy already volunteered for that position. Due to his significant heft, he may look like a tube of cookie dough with a rubber band tight around the middle while trying to manipulate the turret. You'll be next in line on the turret if he looks like a tube of biscuits that busted on the kitchen floor when he shoe horns his ass in there.

Top Bottom