• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    My first .357 was a 4" GP100...loved it!
    My current 4" is a fixed-sight version...that shoots to POA dead-center down the fixed-sights!
    Shortly after I discovered the SP101...and CC'd one for 10+ years...and it's still in the rotation!

I've been considering a sp101 for those occasions when deeper concealment is needed, right now I just either pocket carry a pt22(it has been surprisingly reliable), or if available I carry my girlfriends g2c(has also proven itself).

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Summer, a HK VP9. Not truly "full size" , it holds 15 round magazines.

Winter, a definite full size Glock 20SF . And two spare mags. As you might imagine, it doesn't conceal very well.:):

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've been considering a sp101 for those occasions when deeper concealment is needed, right now I just either pocket carry a pt22(it has been surprisingly reliable), or if available I carry my girlfriends g2c(has also proven itself).

It's tough to beat an SP101 for ruggedness and reliability as a 5-shot .357...the beefier frame helps moderate recoil and the .357 magnum cartridge is excellent for any overly-aggressive critters.
    If you can find a 2-finger grip, it'll hide just about anywhere and the front sight is pinned, meaning you can install one of several tritium front sights available for it, I prefer the Meprolight.
    Mine is a 2.25" version, which works great in pocket carry, but I've been itching for a 3" version for just a little bit better bullet performance, especially when I'm shooting .38's through it. Best of luck!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I usually always carry FS. Don't much care for compact size guns. Feel awkward in my hands. Current primary is a G22 gen3 w/tlr1.
    d2e0291ada7cb7ba938b4421522f06e5.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    DW Valor Commander!

Is that a full size nowadays?

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Does full size generally refer to full capacity? Or, is it more of a case of being a large format pistol? I often carry a 3” S&W Model 13 and while it’s smaller than my 581, I give nothing up in terms of shoot ability or capacity. Same holds true for a DW A2 Commander. In today’s world of compacts, sub-compacts and micro pistols, is the commander sized 1911 in the full size class? If so, it alters my previous response.

My guess is that full size is the ‘no compromise’ form of whatever platform is being discussed. As soon as a compromise is made in either size or capacity to make carry easier, then it’s not the full size version. That gets muddy with revolvers though, as I like the 3” K frame better than the 4” and think that the loss of an inch is not a compromise at all.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    To me having 1" shorter barrel isn't a big deal, although a lot of people do like the longer sight radius. I like the full size primarily for the grip. If I get a better grip on the gun, I'll shoot it better once it comes out. The bonus is that in a semi-auto, that equates to added ammo capacity.

ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    Depending on the situation, time of year, and the clothes I'm wearing I will either conceal carry an Ruger LC9S in my front pocket (De Santis holster) and carry and 9 rd backup mag OR I'll carry a full size Ruger or Beretta that I have with a spare mag as well. I've found appendix carrying for full-size guns to be comfortable if I'm going to be on my feet mostly (not for a 2 hour car ride).

apache67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Tipton
    In the summer, I carry a 3" S&W 13 with a Denny Reichard trigger job. In the cooler months, I carry a 4" S&W 586 (also worked over by Denny) or a SIG P220. Although lately, I've considered trying out 1911 Lightweight Commander so my pants aren't being pulled down so much:)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My work uniform these days are polo and khaki pants, tucked in. I AIWB my 17M with my TLR1, daily with a t-Rex holster. Believe it or not, it conceals pretty well in this position if need be.

HWD6UUv.jpg

Top Bottom