• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    well he answered my original email, but then never gave a price quote, said he had a bunch of stuff going on and that he would get ahold of me w/ information when things cleared up. Never heard from him again. Ended up moly resening the gun and made the customer happy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My old Colt is pretty rusty. I need to have someone look at it, tell me what they think is the best course to pursue and give me an estimate of what that would cost. Even better if they could give me some options of different finishings. I may be asking too much but I want to get some good information before I proceed.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Can anybody tell me what a typical turnaround time is for a re-blue? I am wondering if I would have time to have the barrels of my SxS done in the time between shooting leagues.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    depends on the bluer. I wouldnt expect less than a month though. When i did blueing it was low volume so i wouldnt fire up the tanks until i had enough work. typically two to three times a year.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    What model of colt is this? Most collectable colts are worth more in original condition, even if rough. I've seen lots of valuable guns made into shooters this way.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I just had one of the old guys at the Dunkirk Elks ask me about this on Friday afternoon. Anyone know of someone in ECI who does this? He has his dad's ol bolt action .22 and want's to clean it up a little. Isn't worried about it losing value.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What model of colt is this? Most collectable colts are worth more in original condition, even if rough. I've seen lots of valuable guns made into shooters this way.
    I have a Colt M1908 hammerless .380. It is worth very little in its present condition and I did not give a bunch for it. I have always wanted one and after some soul searching I have decided to just go ahead and try to make it a shooter. I won't lose a bunch of money and I will have an awesome gun. Others may disagree but a gun that is only for looking at does not belong at my house.

Top Bottom