• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Paperwork is REQUIRED for the FFL that ships. YES you can ship 'overnight' by Fed Ex or UPS but even they require a contents forum and if shipped this way you must include copy of your Drivers License.

Sending back for repairs or to a gunsmith is another animal.

Back to the first post. I WILL NOT buy something unless I know the total price. I will not play the 'actual cost' game. There are a few here that want to argue that but when push comes to shove I doubt many, if ANY, will sign a blank check to a total stranger.

Umm. No. This is incorrect.

Firearms
    A. FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
    1. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors;law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
    2. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
    B. If your shipment contains firearms, select the Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option, depending on the requirements of your shipment. See the Delivery Signature Options section for details. Firearms shipments are not eligible for signature release or indirect delivery.
    C. Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.
    D. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx Express is required to notify FedEx Express that the package contains a firearm.The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm.
    E. The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
    F. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I deal a lot with G-broker, over 350 Positive deals.
    I will NOT buy from anyone with leas that 50-10 sells.
    I will NOT buy from anyone with a "non paying bidder" report on them.
    I will NOT BUY FROM ANYONE WHO LISTS "BUYER PAYS ACTUAL SHIPPING COST." That kids is wide open to mean whatever they mean. I usually deal with Hoosier Armory on transfers, handguns run $45-$50. That covers the $7.15 USPS Flat Rate plus some for the shop. I once had a gut charge $125 to ship a J frame. His reply was "THAT'S WHAT I CHARGE." I complained to G0broker and the reply was "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED BEFORE BIDDING."
    $25 is going cost for ffl. Postage/shipping usually $25 and under.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Ask and you shall receive. I am looking at a post war Mauser .380, G-broker # 762652350. He the a vague 'actual shipping cost." I gave him my zip code, my FFL zip code, he has the handgun and his reply "WELL WE CAN'T REALLY GET YOU A COST."

What more info does someone need to get a price? I don't think I will give them a blank check, would you?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ask and you shall receive. I am looking at a post war Mauser .380, G-broker # 762652350. He the a vague 'actual shipping cost." I gave him my zip code, my FFL zip code, he has the handgun and his reply "WELL WE CAN'T REALLY GET YOU A COST."

What more info does someone need to get a price? I don't think I will give them a blank check, would you?

Well, he's going to have to give you a cost before you send him your payment, unless it's a credit card payment, so I would guess that if it seems too high, you could just not send payment. It would get you dinged on GB though (non-payment). I do know what you mean. Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) does the same when you order from them. They're not horrible, but I do like knowing what I'm paying up front instead of after the fact.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I just found something I have been looking for. The guy/gal listing it states that it is from an estate, he is listing it for the heirs, and he doesn't know anything about it, so there is no information about the gun at all. Not even a condition description, just a long explanation of why he doesn't know anything about it. The photos are decent, but leave pertinent information out. He doesn't respond to questions.

Here's the part that always gets me. It is listed with a reserve. How do you know what to place the reserve at if you don't know anything about it? How do you expect people to know how much to bid if you don't answer questions.

IDK, I guess I expect too much.

BTW, the shipping is fixed cost, so it has that going for it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I just found something I have been looking for. The guy/gal listing it states that it is from an estate, he is listing it for the heirs, and he doesn't know anything about it, so there is no information about the gun at all. Not even a condition description, just a long explanation of why he doesn't know anything about it. The photos are decent, but leave pertinent information out. He doesn't respond to questions.

Here's the part that always gets me. It is listed with a reserve. How do you know what to place the reserve at if you don't know anything about it? How do you expect people to know how much to bid if you don't answer questions.

IDK, I guess I expect too much.

BTW, the shipping is fixed cost, so it has that going for it.

This person that knows nothing about guns has a gunbroker acct.?
    Vague descriptions to me are code for: There is something wrong with this gun, but I am going to play dumb, that way you can't come back on me when it does not fire, cycle, etc.
    That is typically what I think, just like the Armslist ads that say make me an offer.......No thanks, price your stuff if you want my business.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Why are they allowed to list it at " no reserve " , but the starting bid might be $ 1000.00 ? Shouldn't that be considered as a reserve? Just curious

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Why are they allowed to list it at " no reserve " , but the starting bid might be $ 1000.00 ? Shouldn't that be considered as a reserve? Just curious

Because a reserve might attract a bidder who sees a low starting bid. I saw something that interested me at a low price, put in a bid, found out it had a reserve and was out. Now it has bids and someone (who doesn't know better) might think it is a hot item...or something. Buy it now: $600. Starting bid: $150 (reserve not met).

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This person that knows nothing about guns has a gunbroker acct.?
    Vague descriptions to me are code for: There is something wrong with this gun, but I am going to play dumb, that way you can't come back on me when it does not fire, cycle, etc.
    That is typically what I think, just like the Armslist ads that say make me an offer.......No thanks, price your stuff if you want my business.

Worse than that, it is obvious from the photos that he has a gun store! The gun in question is an old military rifle, so I can understand that he may not know much about it, but one might think an owner of a gun store would be qualified to give a basic description at a minimum.

And yeah, he won't be getting my business. I just don't get why you would go to all of the trouble of taking photos and creating listings, but fail to include the basic information almost all potential buyers would want to know. Yet, you see that kind of thing all the time. I suppose it must work to some extent, but the guns I see sell for top dollar normally have excellent descriptions.

vugger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I have been a member of this site for a long time, but primarily just a lurker...I have been more active on other sites, but have really come to like INGO lately.

There were a couple of ad's in the marketplace where I was interested in contacting the seller, but don't have a high enough post count...I didn't realize you couldn't send an IM or email until your post count is 50.

Guess...I will have to wait for any transactions. :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been a member of this site for a long time, but primarily just a lurker...I have been more active on other sites, but have really come to like INGO lately.

There were a couple of ad's in the marketplace where I was interested in contacting the seller, but don't have a high enough post count...I didn't realize you couldn't send an IM or email until your post count is 50.

Guess...I will have to wait for any transactions. :(

Really sorry about this but we had to set a line in the sand. Time is not a factor. With 50 quality posts the members can get to know you. That is the beauty of this.
    You can pop for the site supporter banner and go past the 50 rule. You get to play "AND" help support the site.

vugger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    No need to be sorry, I completely understand and rules are rules.

I like the site and decided to help support it in any way possible. Thanks again!

Top Bottom