• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I have a couple dozen transactions on GunBroker.
    Pay attention and you will be fine.
    "Buyer pays actual shipping" is not code for "whatever he means", and to think so is ridiculous.
    Most of the time I've seen "Buyer pays actual shipping is on an auction from an individual or a small shop that does not have a "shipping calculator/estimator linked to their auction.
    If you'd bother to call or email, you'd find most of those notices means you'll actually pay LESS shipping when others would charge a flat rate.

Now, like I said, you do need to pay attention.
    I did have one schmuck who tried to charge me "Overnight Express" shipping when it was not necessary.
    I bought a Daisy Red Rider BB gun from a seller who listed overnight shipping ONLY, and expected me to pay $45.
    I asked him why he wanted to ship overnight his answer floored me.
    He said, "This is a dangerous weapon. I will ONLY ship overnight, and ONLY to an FFL!

I told him he might as well list me as a non-paying bidder because there was no way on God's green earth I was going to pay for overnight shipping.
    He FINALLY agreed to ship it standard post, but insisted that it go to an FFL.
    My FFL did not charge me for the transfer, but he STILL tells people about my "dangerous weapon".

Due diligence is required on GunBroker, but if you didn't already know that, maybe you should refrain from such venues.

Having dealt with you, I'm not sure the BB gun is the sangerous weapon. :P

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I don't buy the 'gun show type guns.'. I own Rohrbaughs, Mausers, Security Industries, 25 Colts, Snake Guns pre lock S&W's. Not your Glock or XD guns.

Does the make or rarity of a gun mean you can only transfer it at certain shops? I was under the impression that you can transfer any gun through any FFL holder you wish, so long as it has the correct license to deal with the firearm you wish to transfer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does the make or rarity of a gun mean you can only transfer it at certain shops? I was under the impression that you can transfer any gun through any FFL holder you wish, so long as it has the correct license to deal with the firearm you wish to transfer.

You can. They do not care what is in the box as to make etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then why was he making a big deal out of not buying "gun show type guns" or not buying "Glock or XD "? I am confused. :dunno:

The unknown or just not knowing is a factor. Like many others I have a "Comfort" zone I choose to stay inside of. New names/faces/locations take some effort to get used/adjusted to. JMHO of course.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't buy the 'gun show type guns.'. I own Rohrbaughs, Mausers, Security Industries, 25 Colts, Snake Guns pre lock S&W's. Not your Glock or XD guns.

But you trust Point Blank? I don't care what you are buying personally... just offered you a better place to transfer it for a better price, which I have first hand experience with (USDS). Though for someone who is transferring high $ guns, you sure did bark about a transfer fee $ increase.

As others have said, you can transfer whatever you want at USDS, and I'm betting they will take much better care of it than Point Blank (Look them up, there are truly some remarkable first hand accounts of the above and beyond service that USDS has provided to INGO members on transfers). Here's just one report: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...us-defense-solutions.html?446566=#post7339821

Don't worry though, I won't be interested in making any beneficial recommendations to you in the future, as clearly, your tastes are more refined than mine.

Last edited:

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy

Christ are you 12? The true of guns I buy are USUALLY NOT found on most sites, so G-broker is the only choice.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    But you trust Point Blank? I don't care what you are buying personally... just offered you a better place to transfer it for a better price, which I have first hand experience with (USDS). Though for someone who is transferring high $ guns, you sure did bark about a transfer fee $ increase.

As others have said, you can transfer whatever you want at USDS, and I'm betting they will take much better care of it than Point Blank (Look them up, there are truly some remarkable first hand accounts of the above and beyond service that USDS has provided to INGO members on transfers). Here's just one report: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...us-defense-solutions.html?446566=#post7339821

Don't worry though, I won't be interested in making any beneficial recommendations to you in the future, as clearly, your tastes are more refined than mine.

Point Blank is .8 miles from my home. That has a lot going for it.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Christ are you 12? The true of guns I buy are USUALLY NOT found on most sites, so G-broker is the only choice.

What the **** is wrong with you? I was asking a damn question. You replied about what guns you buy in response to someone telling you what a different FFL charges. My question was about what the kind of guns you purchase has to do with the FFL you use. Then, you bring up gun broker.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. I put up with your harsh responses right up until now. Either cool your jets or find another forum to be angry on. None of the responses I have seen need this.
    Stop with the rude.

Last time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    :popcorn: From the beginning till now I got the impression the OP seemed a gun snob, but what do I know I only own 3rd Gen S&W's, a few CZ's, and a Glock.

Top Bottom