• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Is it just me who finds it ironic that it seems that all dealerships get lumped in together by a group of gun owners who hate to be lumped in with those who are irresponsible with firearms. I am not saying that all dealers are good but painting groups with a broad brush is rarely a good idea You have a problem with a particular dealership but "will never buy a vehicle from a dealer ever again". The dealership likely didn't even know of a problem with the injection pump. What, in your mind, would have prevented the problem? Should they drive each vehicle for at least 400 miles and 1 month to be sure the person who traded it in didn't disclose a known or unknown problem? Certainly everyone is forthright about what shape their trade-in is. Are you sure they never mentioned an extended warranty when you bought it or did you not want one? It sounds like the dealer is trying to work with you and I realize that this is a new truck to you and you want to be made right but how much should a dealer spend out of their pocket to make it right? You have already come to the conclusion that they may install the pump wrong but have you thought who gets to pay the labor if the pump you bring them goes bad? Do you have any idea how many vehicles a dealership has on their lot between new cars and used and customer vehicles? Just how many do you think will fit in a service department overnight? How exactly did they "screwed up my fuel"? As you said, the truck wouldn't start... you expect them to push your truck in and out? You are the one who did not have anti-gel in your truck... in winter.... in Indiana.... with a storm coming.

Suck it up Buttercup... they are a car dealer, they are not your mommy.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    I bought a new car at Matlock Ford in Franklin.
    Great sales people. Gave me a really good deal.
    No complaints. Will go back when time for a new car.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I just wanted to let you know that in Murica, the dollar sign ($) goes IN FRONT of the dollar amount.

I've got some good friends that are salesmen (one runs a store for a decent sized, 5 within an hour of me, chain that only deals in used). I've got some friends that are mechanics at dealers. They're good people. I don't see how they've got much of a duty to pay any part of a repair if you don't have an extended warranty (or warranty of any sort), neither would the manager and salesmen I know even though they'd try to help with either paying labor or giving a loaner while you had the work done.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I'd love to own a diesel and admit that I have no practical "need" for one, I don't even own a trailer nor anything that I could haul on one other than my Jeep. That said, why is a diesel pump so much more expensive than a gasoline?

Want can be "practical need", but sometimes it takes a little imagination.

OP: What year/make of truck?

Top Bottom