• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever been drawn down on. I just read the post by SavageEagle and his encounter with the LEOs.

Sorry about the long post, please don’t get mad at me. I just never had a place to tell it before.

When I was 21, I think, there was guy peeping in the rear window of my future ex-wives back door window. When her sister came running from the house, we were all out on the porch, screaming that there was someone looking in the back window we went to see what was going on. There was no one there, then about 3 minutes later a guy driving a beat up old dodge dart. He slows down in front of the house and asks what’s going on. Her sister instantly screamed "That’s the MF-er that was at the window. He sat there and started acting innocent saying he didn’t know what she was talking about. Now mind you, none of us had never seen this guy before. I was smart enough not to go right up and confront him so I stayed at an angel to the drivers side door. We exchanged "words" for a minute or two and just as I thought the cost was clear and getting ready to pull him from his car and car the police, out came a double barrel shotgun. My girlfriend, her sister and her boyfriend all screamed and began to scatter. I do not believe my reflexes had ever been faster than they were that night. As soon as I began to run, I heard two load loud bang in rapid succession. My motorcycle, at that time a Kaw 454, got peppered. He started to drive off, my girlfriends sisters boyfriend grabbed a bumper jack from the bed of his truck and launched it down the street after his car. It went through the rear window and we heard his scream of pain when it hit him. My girlfriend went in and called the police, they showed up, received a description and about 10 minutes later they returned with him in the back seat for us to ID.

Another time - on Oct. 31, 2001 I was pulling up to the alley behind my parents house to show them their grandsons Halloween costumes. When I got to the alley, the neighborhood bulley was blocking it waiting for his kids to get in the car. I wasn’t in a hurry so I waited patiently until I saw in the rear view mirror that there were now several cars behind me. I beep the horn on my ‘85 Camery one time. He stuck his fat arm through his, 1/4 of the way rolled down, window and flipped me off. I yelled back "Pull your car up a little jackass".

Now know this, my dad had told me on several occasions that this guy has stoped traffic in front of his house and yelled at them through their car windows. Threatened random people walking down the street, and chased others down the street with a club, bat or something similar.

So, I yelled at him to pull his car up and the door opened and here he came. I’m smart enough to not get trapped in my car by someone wanting to get physical with me, so I opened my door and got out. As he got closer I told him to keep back and to stay away from me. I said look dude, you know who I am, and you know my mom and dad live right there. He kept coming, so I knew it was on. I gave this clown a beating he soon wouldn’t forget. When I was sure that he understood that I was not going to be bullied, I got off of him. He immediately got up and went into the house. I was thinking great, he’s going to come out with a bat or something. Nope...he came out with a .25 semi-auto. Now, the only thing I could think about was putting as much distance between me, him and the kids in the car. So I started backing in the opposite direction the whole time staring down the barrel of his gun. Then there it was...click and he started yelling, "Where the f**k is my clip" and started back for the house. The police are close now, I could here the sirens as if they were right next to me. He never came back out with the gun and I ended up in jail for felony assault. After I explained to the judge what happened and told him about the gun the charges were dismissed totally.
    Just thought I would share about my experience on the other end of a gun.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Two, 'so far'.

The first time, I was on my first mission into Haiti. A lot of places hire 'loss prevention' guys to stand over their store/shop/shanty with stuff to sell there. It's a very hostile environment, and also happens to be a place where I witnessed a man get gunned down for stealing something. He made it 3 steps from the street when the gunman put 3 bullets in his chest. (and on the way back to the airport 3 days later, the dead man was still in the same exact spot, untouched)

Anyways, my group decided to balls up and head to the 'black market'. The Black Market is the largest market area in Haiti, and coincidentally also one of the roughest. (Cité Soleil is the very roughest (and poorest), but I wont get into that. *shudder*) While walking through the black market, I felt someone's hand drop into my back pocket. I turned fast and snatch my wallet out of a guy who was already 2 or 3 steps in the other direction. If I'd not caught the wallet from his hands, I would have totally missed him. (He was that good) Instead of melting away like I expected him to, he shouted. Chris, our guide later told me he shouted "thief" in Creole. Within heartbeats there was a crowd around us, and a few seconds later two guys shouldered their way through. One looked unarmed, and the other shoved his AK in my face and told me to drop it. I did. He was very persuasive. Chris then explained what was going on, and suggested that he check my wallet, where he'd find a picture. (This was all in Creole, so I had no idea what was going on. I was too busy thinking of a few good prayers and a few suitable swear words at the same time to listen anyways.) While this was happening, I guess the guy who had picked my pocket managed to slip into the crowd. When the two men who had quickly put themselves in charge realized this, I was given my wallet back minus the few bucks I had in cash, and it was over as quick as it happened. Chris told me later as well that the only reason I was neither shot or at the very least beaten was because I was a "white man".

The second time I was on a mission in Lexington Kentucky. (Heck of a place for a mission, I know. lol. But the projects in the USA need love too). It's not nearly as exciting as the first. Me and one of my best friends were walking from a soup kitchen to a gas station down a few blocks to get a soda. We took an alleyway on the way back as a short cut. About half way back some guy pulled a gun and was waving it back and forth between us, demanding our wallets. I'd learned my lesson both about carrying my wallet on the mission field, and carrying nothing at all by then. I told him I didn't have a wallet on me, but I had 10 bucks in my sock that he was welcome to. I gave him a smile, and an invitation to the church we were attending while we were there, and told him I hoped to see him there. I never did see him again. : \

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Just once for a second. I'm a landlord and I had a tenant draw down on me for just a second when he thought I was a punk who had been driving by the house, shooting a paintball gun at it. I was walking around the perimeter of the property (it's a multi-unit - I lived there too) and he was on the front porch with this Hi Point 9mm in a nylon holster for airsoft pistols. I didn't like that I had taken off my gun in the house. From then on I at least keep the pf9 in the pocket holster at all times, in/out/around the house even. He ended up getting evicted for something unrelated.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Spent many years behind the counter of convenience stores in all different parts of town and all shifts including alot of 3rd shifts. I had more close calls then I would ever want to remember and share. I saw a few guns and several knives, worst incident was when some idiot shot the front window out right in front of me. The bullet missed me and I got peppered with a bunch of glass.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    If anyone went to Vincennes in 2000, they might remember this.

Halloween, 2000, it was a Sunday. For some reason, that night, nothing was going on. My buddies and I decided to drink, we were 20 y.o. After drinking, we went trick or treating. Then, I had the bright idea, drunken idiots that I was, to take two dead and really old TVs and throw them off of the railroad tressel over the Wabash. They were ours, just died because of their age. So, stupid and drunk as we were, we decided to put the TVs in the truck, and drive over to the tracks. We picked them up, carried them to the tressel, and I bet a friend $20 that he couldn't carry a TV up onto the gurters (word?) and drop it onto the tracks.

Yep, he did. Tied the smaller TV to his ankle with the cord, and took it up about 50 feet, and dropped it. Absolutely loud, hilarious, smoke, glass, etc. We were cracking up, because wew were drunk.

About 5 minutes later, we are standing in the middle of the bridge, trying to figure out what we would do with the really big and old TV, when a flashlight lit us up. We turned around, "Freeze! Don't F'ing Move!" "Hands up!" "Walk backwards! Ditch that cigarette!"

Just so you know, walking backwards, on a railroad bridge, drunk, at night, is not easy.

We get to the end of the bridge and five peace officers have all their guns pointed at us. One of them is the chief. They threw us down on the rocks by the tracks, cuffed us, then we were accused of stealing the TVs from a pawn shop nearby.

"Uh, sir, why would we destroy them if we stole them?"

They verified they were ours, and then told us we were going to jail. As we lay on our stomachs, on the rocks, cuffed behind our backs, we all started laughing. For some reason, it was hilarious. Even two of the younger officers were cracking up with us.

Took us to jail, and we bailed out a couple hours later with a bondsmen and my checkbook. And, there went my money from my summer job. In the end, the charges were reduced to simple trespass, and after a deferral agreement, our records were cleared after six months.

We spent the next day watching Goodfellas and telling ourselves, that we did it right, We said nothing, and they got nothing.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever been drawn down on.
    I just assumed it was part of a normal childhood? This one time at day care......

Cops never made me nervous, they are just doing their job. Black Panthers or MP's with M-16's and dogs always got my attention. Then once I turned 20 or so I tended to avoid those situations.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just by idiots at gun shows. EVERY time I go to one.

I've never had anyone intentionally draw down on me though. Hopefully nobody ever does, especially anyone that is not wearing a police uniform. It would not end as well as some of the stories I am reading here.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been drawn on by cops. They told me and a bud to put our hands up and I think it's the fastest I've ever moved to get my hands in the air. They thought we were robbing a place, which was a mistake by the cops. All was well and they let us go. We had pulled off the street into an addition because of car trouble and it was really late. They were just driving by and saw us. We thought we had some help with them showing up, but got guns in our face. Greenwood cops too.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Once.

In my early 20s I lived in a large college apartment complex. It was around the 4th of July weekend, and we decided to go camping, even though there was a tornado watch in effect that weekend. We got out there and the weather took a turn for the worse, and we decided to go back to our apartment and drink beer the rest of the night. When we pulled in, it was raining, and we had to unload coolers, guns, tents, and all the other crap we had stashed in the cars. We also had a female roommate who was dating one of my friends that was with us. She came out, as we were unloading guns, and he yelled "Get in the house, Bi...) as loud as he could. We quickly got the rest of the stuff inside so as to not get soaked from the rain.

A few minutes after going in, the doorbell rang, and I answered the door, and to my dismay, there was the business end of a Glock greeting me. I was ordered to lay on my stomach face down, as he proceeded right on inside, stepping over me cautiously. My roommates were downstairs and when they heard the commotion, they came through the basement door pretty quick to see what was happening. They too were greeted by Mr. Glock. Now we had 4 officers, guns drawn on us standing in the entry to our apartment. They asked if we had taken a hostage. One of my roommates identified himself as a LEO (two of them were) and produced his badge to them. The police said a neighbor called and said we had taken a hostage into our apartment with a bunch of guns. LOL

They let us all up, and two of the officers in the parking lot knew my roommates. The whole thing ended with about 15 cops and ourselves in the parking lot laughing it up for the next 1/2 hour. The best part was that the neighbor was watching the whole thing from her open screen window.

We never heard another peep from that girl.

It could have had a different ending, but thankfully it didn't. Thankfully no one came up the stairs into the living room with their carry at arms length.

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    In the late eighties I was staying with friends in San Sebastian, Spain. My buddy and I hitched a ride across the border into France to visit one of his uncles. We spent the day drinking beer with him and then decided to walk home after dark. We got stopped by four policemen in a jeep. Two of them pointed what looked in the dark like small machine guns at us while the other two checked our IDs. Once they saw our IDs they searched us, dumping our backpacks out on the ground and making us take off our shirts and pull our shorts and underwear down around our ankles. Then they let us go. They just drove off and we were left to get dressed and gather up our gear in the dark. My friend said it happened because he has a Basque last name and the police in that region were on the lookout for Basque terrorists. After that we stayed in town at night.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    About 30 years ago I worked in a small retail/service business. I was young and not situationally aware. A man came into the store, with his head turned to the side so that I could not see his face. I followed him around a display to offer help only to find he had pulled a nylon stocking over his face and had a 38 revolver pointed at me.

I raised my hands in shock and he grasped my right wrist and led me into the back where he had all three employees empty the contents of their wallets. As we were told to all go into the office the bosses wife and 6 year old daughter entered and were also told to enter the office. He then jammed a screw driver into the door jam and rifled the cash drawer. Told us not to try to get out for 5 minutes...

It was after that I applied for my LTCH, although to this day I'm not sure it would have changed anything as he had the drop on me.

Hard to forget seeing lead in a cylinder.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    All great stories, but I'm sure there are more out there. Come....let's get some more here, who knows, the experience you had may be a training point for someone today.

Devin22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    about 3 years ago Me and 2 othes were riding our atv's on his property which soon led to riding down the railroad tracks to another property.... we rode for about 3 hours at the other place before heading back down the tracks which now had a stopped train..... after a few cars a seen someone way down the line which i assumed might of been a conductor so we turned around so we didn't **** him off..... after a few cars i seen feet under the train car on other side, then BAM! 7 officers with guns in our faces screaming for us to get down. They arrested us, impounded our quads. Someone from a nearby tollroad bridge had called in saying we were robbing train cars which had happened in that area before. I was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, attempted theft(which we instantly stepped off our atv's and onto the ground in shock). After sitting the night in jail and talking to the railroad detective he realized we were not the ones he was looking for, just wrong place and wrong time, but luckily for me it cost me thousands of dollars, over 9 months of court bs, and my name ran through the dirt in the papers, radio and such. i have many officers that are friends, and they are great, but the officer that has a chip on his shoulder, and is out for blood is no friend of mine. They all felt like hero's thinking they caught bandits. Power is drug for most.

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    twice.. when i was about 14. i live in bfe, the whole town is smaller than a subdivision and most of the residents are illegals. first time i was walking home from a friend's house at night & a couple drunk guys shot at me. second i was the same a age standing in my front yard and a guy pulled up and stuck a pistol out the window thinking i'd vandalized his truck.

Top Bottom