• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dodgerdoob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Bloomington
    This one might take the cake. When I was in college, I was a cheerleader. Our basketball team had made it to the conference finals which was in a large city. After the game, all of the men on the squad wanted to go out to eat. That time of night, the only restaurants that were open were across town along the Interstate exits. We were shocked at how much a cab cost, so we decided to do something different after dinner to get back to our hotel. Some of the guys had a high school; buddy that lived in that town. They called him and asked if he would come pick us up. He arrived in his big boat of a car with a bench seat front and back and only two doors. We shoved 9 former football players in to the car and still had two people left. They volunteered to ride in the trunk. We made it about ten minutes before there were blue lights everywhere. We were told to show our hands and not put them down as we got out. Its quite a feat to crawl out of the back seat of a car without using your hands, but when you see 4 or 5 LEOs with plastic pistols drawn on you, you manage. After a tense time on the side of an overpass, the cops sorted out the story and really got a laugh when they found out we were cheerleaders trying to be cheap. An unmarked car had gotten behind us, saw all the people in the car and the two in the trunk and thought we were a gang that had kidnapped someone.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Twice, a long time ago.

First was right out of boot camp, driving at night, some guy is riding my butt with his brights on, so I hit my brakes. He passes me, so of course I get on his butt & don my brights. He stops, I stop, I get out and start walking towards his car to give him a proper a** wooping (when you're fresh out of Marine Corps boot camp, you THINK you can take anyone). He pulls out a gun, gets in a shooting stance, and yells "Any closer & I'll blow your head off!". Needless to say, I turned around & got back in my car.

Second time, I was knocking on my girlfriends window, assuming she would look out & see it was me. But NOOOOO, she calls her neighbor, who comes out with a shotgun. After explanations & introductions, & a good scolding, We all had a laugh, with a happy ending.

Both of those incedents were almost 30 years ago, so it seems I have learned my lessons :):.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Back in the summer of 1970 I was driving a cab in a Chicago suburb while waiting to get into Army flight school. I picked up a guy and started driving to the address he gave me. About the time we got into a rather deserted area, he told me to pull over. I turned around and saw the pistol pointed at me. I'd always thought if I ended looking down the barrel of a gun, it would look huge, but I guessed it was a 9mm of some sort. Long story short, the guy told me to get out of the taxi and used it to rob a gas station. The gas station reported the robbery just about the time I was finishing the two-mile run to report the taxi theft at the police station (this was many years before 911 hotlines). About two weeks later, another guy almost got stabbed in the chest when he tried to rob me in the same place. Fortunately, he only had a switchblade and I had a bayonet...

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    A few years ago a bunch of my buddies and I (around 12-15 of us) most of us underage, were partying in a house turned apartment building. One friend lived at one end of the building and another couple lived at the other. The one buddy that lived there had a cranky ass neighbor who would bang on his ceiling/ my buddy's floor if we were being to loud, which he had done about 5 times already. Well we decided that it would be a good idea to all of us try to climb in this one GIANT pair of novelty panties my buddy had and try to walk down the hallway to our other friends' apartment. This must have gotten pretty loud because about 15 minutes after attempting said stunt, there was a very loud banging of my buddy's door. As he approached it his downstairs neighbor kicked it in and took about 2 steps in the doorway with, what Im going to guess was, a Mossberg 500. He pointed that bastard right at me and started yelling that we all needed to leave or shut the hell up and then disappeared. Needless to say I didnt party at that place anymore.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    When I was in high school, there were some "abandoned" train cars left on the track near my house. Five or six box cars, nowhere near any kind of station or anything , just out in the country. After they had been there for a couple weeks without moving, my friends and I got this bright idea to go climb around on them.
    We climbed up to the top and were just hanging out, messing around on them, running back and forth like we were in an old western film. Anyway, after fifteen minutes or so, we hear someone shooting what sounded like a .22. No big deal, we're out in the country. Everyone shoots. We didn't see anyone, and we couldn't tell where it was coming from, but we didn't think much about it... until bullets started hitting the train cars! Man, we got out of there faster than you would have believed! We never found out who it was or what was going on (or even if they knew we were out there).

Getting shot at is pretty scary when you have no idea who is doing it or where they are!

Top Bottom