• Who has access to your gun safe?

• Total voters

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    No safe yet... need one, just haven't had the extra $ (that didn't get spent on guns or ammo!) to get one yet. Wife knows where most of them are, only 2 loaded in the house, one is on me at all times minus the shower!

Daughters are a little young yet, and still young enough to not be able to reach/find them!

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    My wife and I are the only ones with access, although I don't think my wife remembers the combo. I have the keys hidden in a closet up high where the kids can't find them. All 3 of my kids are still too young to have access to the safe.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just have a gun locker. Both me and the girl I live with (she say's she is my girlfreind, but IDK...:D) have or now where to get the key's.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I told my wife the combination but she forgot it. The 17 year old son wants it & will remember it if I told him. Not time yet... All this fine by me.

level Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Adams County
    I let the wife know how to get in but its like a tool to her.
    her: "I dont remember how you said to do it."
    me: "But???? Ive showed you how many times???"
    Its just as well.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    My wife and I both have keys to my safe and I also have a hidden key in the house. The reason for this is because I feel my wife should be able to get into it incase anything were to happen to me. She also owns a few guns that she keeps in there and some of her valuables are in there also. The spare key is simply for my friends. Most of my friends hunt with me nearly every weekend and are avid shooters. They sometimes like to barrow guns which is fine with me. Its when I get home and find 500 .223 rounds gone and 500 pieces of brass leftover that irritates me and of course they leave a note that says thanks and I will pay you back. They always do pay me back too and most of the time they give me enough reloading stuff that I can double or even tripple my original amount. It works out good and for everyone that thinking I let just anyone in my home and to my guns. I dont I let my friends which are closer to family than friends in to get what they need. I know it sounds wierd but it works in my group.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I don't own a safe. I've always had a gun cabinet so I could enjoy my firearms. With the world the way it has become and a M10 on the way, that's about to change. The wife will have the combo though. And I love bacon!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Only me. Well, nobody actually; I keep telling me the combination, but it won't stick. This infuriates me. I can remember my credit card numbers. I can remember the VIN of the car I wrecked in 1993. A three number combination? Forgetaboutit. I do prefer the mechanical lock; with a background in electrical engineering I know too many ways the electronic ones can fail. My son's only 15, so I don't think he needs to know it quite yet.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I should probably tell someone else or make other arrangements to open it just in case.......................... Think I'll go make a BLT.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my father and i share a safe at his house. my mother ask for the combo once to get her passport out and i went and got it for her. she said "i could have got it" i replied "we dont want you knowing the combo, if somone breaks in and is torchering you for the combo it will be easier to hold out if you dont know the answer"

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    my father and i share a safe at his house. my mother ask for the combo once to get her passport out and i went and got it for her. she said "i could have got it" i replied "we dont want you knowing the combo, if somone breaks in and is torchering you for the combo it will be easier to hold out if you dont know the answer"

Now that's funny...

...right?

Top Bottom