• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I checked your profile, we are very close in age. We are all on limited incomes to a certain degree, I guess we just have different priorities. Yes it does suck for the younger people that are trying to build/buy their first rifle.
    I was just making a statement, that if it is your hobby, maybe you should have been buying all along.

I already have guns.
    I was speaking about other people.
    Trying to tell you, that your situation does not apply to all.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I did not panic buy anything. However, after the Sandy Hook shooting, but before full scale panic set in, I did buy 7 rifles, 20,000 primers, lots of powder, many dozens of magazines, etc. All at pre-panic prices. All for boating and sailing defense.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I paid slightly more for some ammo than normal, that's about it. Being relatively broke at the moment makes it easy to not panic buy. ;)

TheNewGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I had been looking for an AR pistol or saiga 12 before the school shooting.....ever since then my search has been terrible....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    None for me thanks

I sold an upper and ordered it's replacement early in December. The closest I've come to "panic" buying was deciding to buy a pistol for my wife that was in stock rather than wait for who knows how long for the version she wanted. Regular price at BGF. Of course, exercising her prorogative, she has decided to like the gun that was available.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I think you are absolutely right. This is a bubble and it will burst sometime in the next few months .. once everyone realizes that no legislation is going to get through the republican house. The price of ammo and ARs should go back down once this frenzy of buying begins to subside. I have not felt like buying anything in recent weeks. Hope the gun show next month has some reasonable prices.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Me. :)

Waiting for the bubble to burst. :D
    This! I don't by any means have everything I need, but I won't pay $500 for a stripped lower, or a buck a round for .223! Unfortunately, I was halfway through my first AR build when people went crazy, and I had to do some extra leg work to get what I needed to finish the build within budget!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I looked in the safe today and noticed the empty space left from passing along an AR to a friend. That made me "Panic".....Ran out and bought a shotgun to fill the space. Much better now. Heart rate back to sub-normal.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Havent bought anything at unreasonable prices. picked up some ammo at walmart because they had it and I needed it, but nothing im ashamed of at a ridiculous price haha

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Not buying over normal prices but I did order 1000rds as soon as I noticed the way people were panic buying. I needed about 500 for the next 3 months and if this is anything like last time, it'll be more than 3 months to be readily available again.

Top Bottom