• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am curious. When did it become acceptable and trendy to refer to rust and bad paint as “patina” ?

It is a new wave thing. Patina is the natural state of what ever you are working on. Leaving the "Patina" as is like that truck and putting a modern chassis and drive train under it is all the "Thing" now.
    I dig it actually. Leave the rust and the dust. Make-em run good and drive-em.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It is a new wave thing. Patina is the natural state of what ever you are working on. Leaving the "Patina" as is like that truck and putting a modern chassis and drive train under it is all the "Thing" now.

Once you paint it and have expectations of it being nice, the whole program changes. Worrying about water spots and parking an 1/8th mile from the store and avoiding gravel roads. I’d rather spend my money on go fast parts.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have enjoyed using mine as a yard truck without flipping out on scratches. I have had show cars for years and this is much more stress free. However, I do love shiny paint so this doesn't scratch the itch that my new mustang takes care of.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I am curious. When did it become acceptable and trendy to refer to rust and bad paint as “patina” ?

I don't mind original "barn find" or "found out in a field in New Mexico" patina but I know several guys that have spent a buttload of time and money faking patina. Never mind the "rat rod" trend!:puke:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Once you paint it and have expectations of it being nice, the whole program changes. Worrying about water spots and parking an 1/8th mile from the store and avoiding gravel roads. I’d rather spend my money on go fast parts.

Like my dad used to say, if you can't make it run chrome it and make it look good. But if you can make it scream who cares what it looks like

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have a 66 Chevelle I built. I have my dads 55 chevy in my barn now that I am rebuilding for him. He bought it when he was 14 and dragged raced it till 1979. He also owns a 32 for pickup that we built. I will try to post pics later tonight.

VaRandy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Hatteras
    Interested in finding out who has old cars on this site. Year make and model. I have a 69 GT convertible Mustang. View attachment 61787

I am finalizing the purchase of my first "old car" today or tomorrow and will bring it home next week. It is a 1973 Nova Hathback, all original, never hit, with a couple of body rust spots. Has the 307 and aluminum PowerGlide Trans in it, Picture to follow after homed! I am scared to death to take on the project because I am retired now, living simply, without all the tools, garage, etc. of previous years. I used to know all about hot rods, particularly Chevys but have retained very little of it.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Well old to me is my 87... Cause it's 2 years older than me... But she's running on modern power...

TIWXq2d.jpg

LPSZptQ.jpg

Top Bottom