• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songdog33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2014
    Hancock County
    I don't have one. I really just don't have a practical use for one. I have nothing against them at all and I may eventually get one just to have one. The only thing I would use it for would be coyotes. But I have a nice 5.56 bolt action that does the job just fine.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Had a Hydra in .223/5.56 and 7.62x39....wife and i had an unexpected change...child and i had to sell. sold all my ars for that matter. not really looking to get back into them as i moved more into bolt action.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is it too late to necro this thread and complain about the 15 million freaking roll pins this platform has?

The heck was stoner thinking..... roll pins.....

ciaclassified

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Don't own a ar because I don't need one yet this time in January I will purchase a ak12 i currently have several pistols and a .22 long rifle living in the city dealing with people at closer quarters nothing past 25 ft

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Don't own a ar because I don't need one yet this time in January I will purchase a ak12 i currently have several pistols and a .22 long rifle living in the city dealing with people at closer quarters nothing past 25 ft

Im curios about the accuracy and range on a m14 and are they considered reliable

:popcorn:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Im curios about the accuracy and range on a m14 and are they considered reliable

As much as I'd like to pile on the Noob and dogpile him with accusations of making a crazed run for the classifieds, he's a friend of mine, a solid dude, and just joined an hour ago. Now, I will say that I will harrass him at work Friday about being on INGO when he should be working......but other than that, he's good to go. Welcome to :ingo:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Not sure about everyone else, but no matter the distance, if I have a choice between a long gun or a handgun to engage a threat I'm grabbing a long gun

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    True, but I like being able to take down most parts without specialized tools.

M14, ONE ROLL PIN, and it's on something you never want to take off.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Welcome to INGO, young man!

Don't let Madbomber know I admitted this, but there is nothing wrong with having an AK instead of an AR. After you get one, though, you'll wonder how you lived without it!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    True, but I like being able to take down most parts without specialized tools.

M14, ONE ROLL PIN, and it's on something you never want to take off.

I hear ya. Just replaced that one on my M1A to put the stripper clip guide back on (previous owner had a scope mount in there). Great rifle design though, and the more I mess with it, the more I appreciate it.
    I'm an AK man, and talk about easy. Very few parts, no tools needed to get to them, and they're so big, you can assemble it with gloves on.
    AR's are the reason I have a set of roll pin punches and starter punches.

The first time I used one, I was kind if shocked how much easier it made things. Before I hated roll pins, nowadays not so much.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    As much as I'd like to pile on the Noob and dogpile him with accusations of making a crazed run for the classifieds, he's a friend of mine, a solid dude, and just joined an hour ago. Now, I will say that I will harrass him at work Friday about being on INGO when he should be working......but other than that, he's good to go. Welcome to :ingo:

;) :ingo:

johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    i want one sure but have not been able to afford one. till then i'll make do with a .308 rifle a .12ga shotgun and a .40cal pistol got most things covered i think

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, I am brand new to the gun community. Bought my first gun a couple months ago (Walther PPQ). Buddy @ work said, "that's just the beginning". I said, " Nah, I don't plan on being a gun collector". Well, now I've been looking @ AR 15s. lmao! Think I'll be purchasing a Palmetto State Armory AR kit @ Parabellum's cuz they are going to offer an AR class next month to teach you how to put it together. Cool! Well, at least they were talking about it last month. Hope they didn't change their minds.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    USDS on the southside does build classes too. Great stuff.

Well, I am brand new to the gun community. Bought my first gun a couple months ago (Walther PPQ). Buddy @ work said, "that's just the beginning". I said, " Nah, I don't plan on being a gun collector". Well, now I've been looking @ AR 15s. lmao! Think I'll be purchasing a Palmetto State Armory AR kit @ Parabellum's cuz they are going to offer an AR class next month to teach you how to put it together. Cool! Well, at least they were talking about it last month. Hope they didn't change their minds.

Top Bottom