• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's going to leave a mark. I'm curious, will you get a bill for the electrical post, sign, etc? I never thought about it, but last time I got in an accident and mentioned to my insurance that I took some damage from the curb they wanted to know if there was damage to the curb, any signs, etc, and made me wonder if that did happen would there be a bill? At the time I was driving a Corolla, and answered: "uhm, no the concrete curb won."

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have $50K coverage for property damage, so it depends on how much seed they say I ruined, building damage, and yes... the utility pole. I put 2 truck stops, McDonalds, KFC, Family Express, the seed company and who knows how many families in the dark last night with that pole going down. They were black for 3 hrs. Only got $5K for medical, so with the ambulance ride, and all the cat scans that will be easy to eclipse. Anything from here on, I'll go back to the VA where I'm 100% covered.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I have $50K coverage for property damage, so it depends on how much seed they say I ruined, building damage, and yes... the utility pole. I put 2 truck stops, McDonalds, KFC, Family Express, the seed company and who knows how many families in the dark last night with that pole going down. They were black for 3 hrs. Only got $5K for medical, so with the ambulance ride, and all the cat scans that will be easy to eclipse. Anything from here on, I'll go back to the VA where I'm 100% covered.

Holy Crap brother! I'm glad you're alive - are you ok? Seriously, anything broken?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Bruised ribs from the seat belt. Fat lip from the air bag. Brandy (my service dog) was fine.

My field expedient seat belt repair I did a while back held up. My latch quit working and I had fixed it with 550 cord and a 'biner.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Wow, glad you are ok as well. Get well soon and hopefully no lasting effects. Good thing you put in that seat belt fix.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Going to look at a 2000 4Runner SR5 next week.

I've been sort of obsessed with the Gen 3s for a while now, and have a lead on a nice clean one, with relatively low mileage.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Going to look at a 2000 4Runner SR5 next week.

I've been sort of obsessed with the Gen 3s for a while now, and have a lead on a nice clean one, with relatively low mileage.

Cool, I was looking for one for my son a few years back when I just gave up finding one for the budget I was willing to put in, and instead let him drive our corolla for a while and jumped into buying myself an FJ instead. Finding one that has relatively low mileage and clean for an affordable price is almost like finding a Unicorn these days (clean, lower mileage and affordable... pick 2, because you generally won't get all 3).

I found a relatively low mileage Gen 3 that was pretty clean at the start of my search for my son and I should have bought it, but wasn't as educated as I should have been at the time, and I wasn't willing to go where it was on price.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Most everything that's in my budget has well north of 200k miles on it, but I found one with 160k that spent the first half of it's life as a commercial fleet vehicle.

The pics of the engine look spotless and the body seems to be in good shape. It hasn't been moded at all.

I know enough about 4Runners that I won't be fooled into buying a ****box, and hopefully enough to do at least a little haggling on prices.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Most everything that's in my budget has well north of 200k miles on it, but I found one with 160k that spent the first half of it's life as a commercial fleet vehicle.

The pics of the engine look spotless and the body seems to be in good shape. It hasn't been moded at all.

I know enough about 4Runners that I won't be fooled into buying a ****box, and hopefully enough to do at least a little haggling on prices.

You look at it yet?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

My nephew bought a 2001 last summer shortly after his 16th birthday. It had around 264k miles on it. He loves it. I had him follow me around the 70 acre woods I hunt. Lots of steep hills, little ravines and a nice stream to cross. He got hung up a bit in dried up stream that had a deep bottom. Then he got stuck in a mud hole. I had so much fun razzing him about my little stock Ford Ranger did better than his Toy, especially when I had to pull him out of the mud hole. He put a 2 inch spacer lift on it. That helped a lot. Plus, he did not have much experience. The Toy really is great. The alternator is kind of low, so be careful in water. Have fun!!!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not many people seem interested in off roading? It's like I have my own private thread...

Well, here I go again. Went camping in the Red River Gorge area of the Danial Boone National Forrest weekend before last with a couple guys from Indiana Overlanders. Beautiful area. Cliffs for rock climbers, trails for hiking, several unmaintained roads for some interesting 4x4 driving. Even the narrow "paved" roads are interesting as they twist through the rugged mountains.

QUOTE]
    Ok, you're not alone!
    IMG_1544.jpg
    07 Tundra and 74 FJ40, also a couple project FJ40's

IMG_1729.jpg
    at Monument Valley a couple years ago, via SW Co. and Grand Staircase Escalante

IMG_0772.jpg
    UP Mi. last fall

OB3743 if you're into that at all.

Top Bottom