• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    There is a place on the East side Indy , around south of county fair grounds, I think it is a bar but mainly a resturant. They had great pizza I can't remember the name.

Then In anderson In Scampy's pizza.

If you want a deep dish The Ale on the north-side by Castleton. I get mine half baked and fisnish it off at home. I

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    There is a place on the East side Indy , around south of county fair grounds, I think it is a bar but mainly a resturant. They had great pizza I can't remember the name.

The Ordinary. or The New Bethel Ordinary. Good pizza for sure but not Italian tasting to me but really good none the less.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    It is soooooooo easy to make pizza dough, we don't buy pizza any more, we make them.

Get a few restaurant deep dish pizza pans, and get busy!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I like Mellow Mushroom, if there's one around you (nearest to me is Carmel). Other than that, you'd have to leave the state to find a good Neopolitan. Folks can keep their deep dish, that ain't pizza.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Anything but domino's! With out a doubt that has to be the worst pizza on the planet. Even the place that use the guy in the gorilla suit standing on the side of the road hawking $5.00 pizza is better than domino's. They have done a real media blitz here lately trying to get people to believe they have improved. But the sad fact is even if the pizza is better the customer service still sucks.

I would like to propose we put running Domino's out of the state on the agenda.

Can you tell I have an ax to grind? :xmad:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    In Indianapolis, I'd have to give it to either Pizzology or Napolese...they both serve a version of the Napoli style pizza I fell in love with in Italy, although neither gets it just right. The crust at Pizzology is closer, and the sauce is at Napolese. Chatham Tap puts out a surprisingly good pizza with an interesting crust unlike the other pizzas served around here. I personally think Basbeauxz (sp? too lazy to look it up) is over-rated, but it certainly has a dedicated following. Supposedly Jackomo's on the Southside is very good, and is similar in style to Basbeuaz (maybe one of these spellings will be right), but I haven't had an opportunity present itself to try it. Years ago there was one SPECIFIC Pizza King in Carmel that made a great pie that tasted absolutely nothing like the other Pizza King pizzas I had ever tasted. I'd love to know what that guy did differently.

I, too, would love to hear of other ones to try in Central Indiana.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My favorite chain (even though I think its only a local kinda thing with 7 stores) is Bruno's. There was a place up here that had good deep dish Chicago style but even their personal size pizza would be using a month or 2 worth of cheat days.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    John's Pizza in Munster --don't confuse it with other local "John's Pizzas"!
    If you've never tried it, there's no way to explain how good it is!
    Since it's way up in the northwest corner, few reading this will experience the fantastic sausage, mushroom and tomato pizza.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Best pizza was Little Ceasars back when it was Pizza!Pizza! and u actually got 2 pizzas on a slab of cardboard and shoved into a paper sack. Problem is since they went away, nothing has been the same. Even there new try at it isn't the same.

Other than that, PK. Another vote on anti-Dominos.

Top Bottom