Who needs border security, its just migratory workers, right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As for the cartels, we CAN secure the border if we want to. I don't think thats living off the fed.gov's tit, that's using the armed forces--we already pay for--for national defense!

We sort of did that under Clinton. It was called JTF, Joint Task Force. A Marine shot a Mexican sheepherder. The Marines said he shot at them. The family said he thought he was shooting at a coyote after his sheep. Then things went sideways about who was on what side of the border, and JTF sort of fizzled out a bit after that.

Even then, it was mostly for show. The border wasn't really secure. The ones we caught just got fingerprinted and then put back across the border to try again in a few hours if they didn't have dope or guns on them. They would run across like a covey of quail, you catch one and the rest stop because they knew there was no penalty. They'd come across to shop at Wal-mart, then run back across. The Wal-mart even had big signs hanging over the registers with Peso/USD conversion rates for the day.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Import legals. That's simple enough. We do it with skilled workers when a business can show they can't hire a native that's qualified.

Plus, you know, that whole "free market" thing that INGO keeps shouting about. Americans *will* do dangerous and difficult jobs if the pay is commiserate with that work. Construction work is difficult and dangerous, yet it gets done and the wages are good when you aren't competing against illegals. Oil field work is dangerous and difficult, yet it gets done and the wages are good. Mining is dangerous and difficult, yet it gets done and the wages are good. Agricultural work is no different.

This right here ^ !

The whole argument that illegals do work Americans won't is complete utter BS , period , end of story .

Illegals will work sometimes for 1/3 of what Americans used to make for the same job .

I used to think we needed operation wetback 2.0 , now I think we need operation GTFO ! Meaning if you came here since 9/11 ( arbitrary date ) , go home or anywhere but here .

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We sort of did that under Clinton. It was called JTF, Joint Task Force. A Marine shot a Mexican sheepherder. The Marines said he shot at them. The family said he thought he was shooting at a coyote after his sheep. Then things went sideways about who was on what side of the border, and JTF sort of fizzled out a bit after that.

Even then, it was mostly for show. The border wasn't really secure. The ones we caught just got fingerprinted and then put back across the border to try again in a few hours if they didn't have dope or guns on them. They would run across like a covey of quail, you catch one and the rest stop because they knew there was no penalty. They'd come across to shop at Wal-mart, then run back across. The Wal-mart even had big signs hanging over the registers with Peso/USD conversion rates for the day.
    Too bad you got the story wrong. The kid they murdered was an American citizen, not a Mexican citizen and none of them have ever stood before a judge for their crime. The JTF fell by the wayside because they were interfering with Americans and killed one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esequiel_Hernandez_Jr

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Illegal drug sales are what make the cartels money, they're protecting and expanding their investment. They aren't US citizens, perhaps they should be treated "differently."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Too bad you got the story wrong. The kid they murdered was an American citizen, not a Mexican citizen and none of them have ever stood before a judge for their crime. The JTF fell by the wayside because they were interfering with Americans and killed one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esequiel_Hernandez_Jr

Yup, you got me. I had no idea he was an American citizen, nor his name. I was remembering a military briefing from almost 16 years ago, so I'll take the blame on that. I thought it was sheep, not goats, too. Otherwise, I think I captured the thread of the narrative pretty well.

Ready to defend that $12 onion/tomato statement yet?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    arbitrary

f67334bc58f2468bad15312669d5edaa0afe4c44de4eb56039994a47f00d296b.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Eh, I'm not so sold on the illegals as necessary. You all know what detasseling is, right? Difficult work, work long hours in the fields taking the tassels off by hand. You know who works it here? Teenagers. Not Mexicans. Teenagers. If the large farms can afford to hire teenagers for this they could afford to hire them for other agricultural jobs that follow a similar line of walk through the field and pick something.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Eh, I'm not so sold on the illegals as necessary. You all know what detasseling is, right? Difficult work, work long hours in the fields taking the tassels off by hand. You know who works it here? Teenagers. Not Mexicans. Teenagers. If the large farms can afford to hire teenagers for this they could afford to hire them for other agricultural jobs that follow a similar line of walk through the field and pick something.

The crew my daughter worked on last year, was about 70% Hispanic guys, over 25 years old. The 30% teenagers, had a very high turnover rate.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I went to high school in Martinsville, and that was pretty much the number one job for teenagers.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    The crew my daughter worked on last year, was about 70% Hispanic guys, over 25 years old. The 30% teenagers, had a very high turnover rate.
    Of course they have a high turn over rate. Every job involving teenagers does. These jobs are to teach young people responsibility. If you hire a bunch of illegals to do it then the next generation does not learn the value of hard work or the importance of a good education to avoid hard work or most importantly that money does not magically appear in mom and dad's wallet. These illegals are robbing our youth of important life lessons they will need in the future.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    For everyone who has been saying that illegal immigrants are needed in farming industry. This country has survived without those illegals before. This country has had people to go plant stuff and pick stuff and shovel s**t for a really long time without using illegals and we can do it again. If people have gotten lazy, it's because this government has made us that way. Everything from welfare to food stamps, to never ending unemployment and free cell phones and free rent have made us this way.
    This process is also the cause of inflation. So many get stuff for free that company's charge more to make a profit. Which causes the government to think we need to raise minimum wage. Witch causes rent rates and mortgage rates to go up, and then everyone thinks they need to be paid more to cope with these rates and it just keeps going.
    What's the answer? Kick out illegal immigrants and keep them out. Shut off unemployment at 6 months. Make a person travel 100 hundred miles to get their welfare or food stamps Once a month Either in a car or on a bus. How about the state government fixes a large apartment building downtown and puts homeless people in it. Pay them a wage enough to survive and charges no rent. In return they go out and fix or build other building that house the same thing or or other businesses that will also hire homeless people and house them for the labor they provide and we keep going till all the streets are clean. The building look new and their is nobody in our city not earning a living. I must be crazy.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't know the make up exactly here, but a sizeable portion of my class does the work and most of them have been doing it for several years.

I can't blame them for hiring workers with a lower pay scale, it is a profit making venture for the crew organizer after all. Certainly an example where the presence of illegals really does take jobs away from citizens.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    For everyone who has been saying that illegal immigrants are needed in farming industry. This country has survived without those illegals before. This country has had people to go plant stuff and pick stuff and shovel s**t for a really long time without using illegals and we can do it again. If people have gotten lazy, it's because this government has made us that way. Everything from welfare to food stamps, to never ending unemployment and free cell phones and free rent have made us this way.
    This process is also the cause of inflation. So many get stuff for free that company's charge more to make a profit. Which causes the government to think we need to raise minimum wage. Witch causes rent rates and mortgage rates to go up, and then everyone thinks they need to be paid more to cope with these rates and it just keeps going.
    What's the answer? Kick out illegal immigrants and keep them out. Shut off unemployment at 6 months. Make a person travel 100 hundred miles to get their welfare or food stamps Once a month Either in a car or on a bus. How about the state government fixes a large apartment building downtown and puts homeless people in it. Pay them a wage enough to survive and charges no rent. In return they go out and fix or build other building that house the same thing or or other businesses that will also hire homeless people and house them for the labor they provide and we keep going till all the streets are clean. The building look new and their is nobody in our city not earning a living. I must be crazy.

I never thought I would actually meet Franklin Delano Roosevelt while I was alive.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I suggest you read the link I posted earlier.
    National Center for Farmworker Health: About America's Farmworkers

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I just browsed it a bit. And I stand behind what I said before. I have no problem with legal immigration. You want to be an American? Go through the proper steps to become one and then be proud to be one. Don't sneak in to this country. Pay no taxes. Make us learn your language. Make us pay for your accidents since you don't have to pay for any type of insurance. And basically turn our country into the crappy country you left. There are millions of immigrants in this country that are Damn proud to American. Not Italian American. Not Mexican American. Not french American. Not German American. AMERICAN. Be an American. And when an illegal comes in and takes your job, you will be just as pissed as the rest of us Americans because now you are one of us.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why aren't you giving your land and property back?

I don't have any land or property and neither do you or anyone else that lives in America. We are all renters here. Find out the hard way by not paying your property taxes on the house and land that is completely paid off.

I can't speak for Benny but I have no party affiliation

I don't either. Every party is the same, just different mascot.

Top Bottom