• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This 100%. I am sick of the government telling me what type of light bulb to buy, how much water our toilets use, what type of television we can watch, and now a mandate that we must belong to a health care system whether we want one or not?

I am one of those who pays cash for doctor visits, has an account set up strictly for medical use, and don't want the government telling me that I must pay an additional monthly fee for something that will still have an out of pocket way in excess of what I spend! I don't want the government forcing me into something that I do not want, nor need. We the people tell the federal government what to do, not the other way around. Somewhere we the people lost control, and look where it got us.

Agree.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also agree....anybody know if the fines are monthly or yearly? Somebody on facebook mentioned it was monthly...ouch!!

I'm pretty sure it's yearly.
    My problem with it, is all the people saying, "but it's a small fine, a small price to pay".
    I think of it as an introductory offer. Everyone says, "wow, look how cheap it costs." Then the intro rate is over, and everyone complains.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm pretty sure it's yearly.
    My problem with it, is all the people saying, "but it's a small fine, a small price to pay".
    I think of it as an introductory offer. Everyone says, "wow, look how cheap it costs." Then the intro rate is over, and everyone complains.

Yea...not looking forwards to the $2,085 yearly fines

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It appears the ObamaCare has bent to overall cost curve UP, rather than down.

Further there are many who do not have insurance who ACTUALLY PAY THEIR BILLS and most doctors will reduce the price if you pay cash/check

This. ^^^^^^. Even if you have a policy, there are many who offer discounts when the Patient portion of the bills are paid in full as well. My wife had two surgeries (along with all the related tests and treatments) last year, An emergency Apendectomy and Gall Bladder, when the bills started rolling in, each one offered a 10% reduction when satisfied within 30 days. All in all we saved about $5K by paying on time. The one we couldn't pay outright, we were able to negotiate a payment plan and it will be done with before the year is out.

We maintain a High Deductible to lower costs and because we are, even at age 50, generally in good health.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    IT IS NOT A FINE!

It is a tax. The only way the Affordable Care Act is constitutional is because the payment which EVERY stinking Democrat called a fine is declared to be a tax by the Supreme Court.

The democrats raise taxes AGAIN, which they will continue to do until no peon in this country has more than any other peon.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The TAX for not having Obamacare is 1% of your income above $10,000 if you're single, $20,000 if you're married, for the first year. It goes up after that.

Just be aware, based on the restraint Obama has exercised in changing this law by executive order, the TAX may increase to $40,000 or more if enough people don't sign up.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I am fortunate, my employer pays about 85% of my family health insurance premiums. But for S&G's I logged in to the Indiana Insurance Exchange, used a nom de plume, and got a quote for insurance coverage should I need it. Wow. I make too much money to get any kind of subsidy for one, secondly, the options I was presented with were no where near as good as what I have.

My health insurance through my employer has a raw cost of about $1100.00/mo - boss pays 85% and I pay the rest. Covers my wife and I.
    Obamacare will cost me $1435 a month, with a 10K deductible....which is double what I already have. This is about as expensive as COBRA. Now, if I lose my job and I need to jump on the Obamacare plan or face penalites and fines, how the hell am I supposed to afford THAT kind of premium? They call this affordable?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I am fortunate, my employer pays about 85% of my family health insurance premiums. But for S&G's I logged in to the Indiana Insurance Exchange, used a nom de plume, and got a quote for insurance coverage should I need it. Wow. I make too much money to get any kind of subsidy for one, secondly, the options I was presented with were no where near as good as what I have.

My health insurance through my employer has a raw cost of about $1100.00/mo - boss pays 85% and I pay the rest. Covers my wife and I.
    Obamacare will cost me $1435 a month, with a 10K deductible....which is double what I already have. This is about as expensive as COBRA. Now, if I lose my job and I need to jump on the Obamacare plan or face penalites and fines, how the hell am I supposed to afford THAT kind of premium? They call this affordable?

It's affordable when you don't make much and it's subsidized by everyone else. The premium I came up with given the slashing of my pay for next year resulted in a $52/month contribution for a family of 5 with nearly $11k paid for by everyone else. Aint it great?

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I'm actually optimistic about the whole thing because:

1. Within a very short period of time(it's already started based on this thread)people will realize how much this will cost and the Gov will figure out that people REALLY can't afford it.
    2. This is all on the Dem's and next Nov. they are going to pay big time for what they have done.
    3. If not repealed, the whole thing will be suspended within the next couple of months.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I'm actually optimistic about the whole thing because:

1. Within a very short period of time(it's already started based on this thread)people will realize how much this will cost and the Gov will figure out that people REALLY can't afford it.
    2. This is all on the Dem's and next Nov. they are going to pay big time for what they have done.
    3. If not repealed, the whole thing will be suspended within the next couple of months.

Not a chance-that would require someone in Washington to have actual brain activity. They'll keep throwing money at it until it works.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I work full time, but am not offered insurance, because I'm an intern. I can now pick up insurance as of January first. Instead, I'm going to go through the VA. Cause people to loose their jobs, or cut their hours. Then force them to buy insurance. Or pay a penalty. That is in no way constitutional. As well as politicians being exempt. Which also violates the constitution.

Top Bottom